October 27, 2011

Best things in Life are Free

Recently Keagan has been incredibly snuggly towards me.  He isn't normally this way.  In fact, he normally resists snuggles with mommy...or anyone for that matter. I think his snuggles are because he has been sick.   For, like, 5 weeks.  Seriously.  But I will take what I can get.  Then today, he fell down the bottom stairs (don't hate on me- he is a boy and he does boy things) and Josh picked him up off the floor.  But he wanted his mommy.  I was trying to nap on the couch (impossible, but I was trying) so Josh put him down with me and he snuggled with me for a good 20-30 minutes!  It was so sweet.  I love these moments more than anything in the world (and will take them any way I can get them). It saddens my heart how quickly this child is growing up.

I often wonder how long he will let me love on him.  Then my mind wonders if I will want to love on him when he is a stinky 7 year old.  Probably.  When he is 18 will he let me snuggle him?  Probably not...but I sure hope so!  My heart hurts to think of him growing up and getting big, and not wanting/needing his mommy anymore. 

But, as the old saying goes:

I'll love you Forever
I'll like you for Always
As long as I'm living
My baby you'll be.


 

1 comment:

  1. The future is bright - my four year old still asks on the regular "Mommy, will you snuggle me?" Like you - I'm all "oh yes - yes I will...now and forever!"

    ReplyDelete