This is going to hurt me more than it will hurt you. But let me forewarn you that you will want to reach into the computer screen and grab the baby in these (many!) pictures. And because you physically cannot do this, your heart will ache. He is so darn cute, it hurts! I am only slightly biased.
Keagan is 8 months old. It truly does hurt me. It hurts my heart to think how far we've come, how big he is, and how quickly time is flying. He is honestly the light in my life (gay, I know. but sometimes gay phrases are the only way to get the point across). I remember life without him, but I don't ever want to go back there.
These are his 8-month pictures. Let me warn you that I intended only to take his typical monthly picture but we were having so much fun and Keagan was being such a little ham that I couldn't stop taking pictures. And when I put them on my computer I could not help but pick out 24 cannot-live-without shots to share with you. Overkill? Absolutely. But, whatev. We had fun.
Keagan is a ham. He will grin really big when you play peek-a-boo, dance funny, or simply walk into the room. He laughs when you tickle him, kiss kiss him all over, fly him in the sky, or pretend drop him. His laugh cracks me up, so it is a vicious cycle of laughter. He loves to scratch and pull hair (I do not so much like this) but he is learning to pat pat pat. We play a game called "Windstorm" where we blow really hard in his face and he blinks his eyes and gulps for air. All you have to do is say "Keagan, WINDSTORM" and he will do this facial expression. He is learning to blow air, too. He is sitting up on his own (only topples back occasionally now, rolling regularly, and scooting on his back (still has a bald spot). He continues to love Kung Fu Panda. He loves to eat. He loves to snuggle mommy in bed and give mommy wet kisses from her shoulder to her face. At his last doctor's appointment he weight 19 lbs (2 weeks ago).
Keagan does not like to be left in the room by himself. He doesn't like to be laid down on his back for diaper changes and will scream/cry and try to roll over. He doesn't like articles of clothing pulled over his head. The reaction is similar to laying him on his back. He doesn't care for chicken (but we are working on this...it is new) or greenbeans. He still wakes up in the middle of the night and we have implemented a new thing of letting him cry-it-out. This is tough on me, but I am getting stronger. Ear plugs are incredible. He occasionally will sleep from 7:30 to 7ish, so the tough love must be working. He still prefers the boob to the bottle, but wouldn't you? He has no teeth, and I am okay with this. He gets mad when you use the cell phone and don't share (he likes to help text and call...he has business to take care of).
OK, I am finished. How is your heart? Mine hurts! And I am holding this precious child right now...he just does that to me! As I look at these pictures, I feel like Keagan's fun personality can be seen in them. I am going to agree with what Josh has said to me before: I want 5 more just like Keagan!
Seriously? OH. MY. WORD. What a sweet little munchkin. Is it bad that my feelings for how precious Keagan is are equal to those of how much camera envy I have right now? You get that, right? Ha! I can't believe he is growing up so quickly. Time flies....I second what Josh says - have five more but can you work in a move to Lexington somewhere in between? Just a thought....
ReplyDeleteI had so much fun looking at these pictures....okay and I cried. Tears of joy cause he's perfect!
ReplyDeleteHis hair has a red tent. I didn't notice that as much a few weeks ago.
Can't wait to see you all tomorrow. I need a playdate with K.
Oh my! So cute:) He's getting such a personality! And I LOVE those shorts with his name. Adorable:)
ReplyDeleteThanks, friends! I definitely am smitten.
ReplyDeleteTassie, everyone says that his hair has a reddish tint when they look at pictures but he doesn't in real life so I don't know what gives! Maybe the camera knows something we don't?
Abby, my friend Tassie (commented above you) made those boxers for Keagan...she embroiders all kinds of wonderful stuff for him!
Lindsy...oh girl. You should be proud of my camera skills...these are pretty much all taken on manual mode! (even the focus!) If we ever move I hope it will be back to Lexington...but in the midst of all of our child-bearing, you could move here! hehe :) (scary about all the child-bearing...it used to be drinking games! haha!)