February 10, 2011

he got it from his momma

Let's face the music, folks, my beautiful baby boy looks nothing like me.  He looks everything like his daddy.  (Josh joked to the nurse during our first prenatal doctor's appointment that he wasn't sure if he was the father...I don't think there is any question about it seeing the baby!)  Keagan even has Josh's personality (easy going but occasionally very very stubborn).  I was beginning to wonder what part I played in his existence, except for the obvious host-parasite function.  But tonight, he showed me. 

He is not a fan of green beans.  Until I became an adult, I hated green beans.  And I do mean hated. H.A.T.E.D.  Only when I tasted them cooked Southern-style with lotsa salt and pepper and fatback (or bacon, or some sort of lard) did I learn to like them.  I can now choke them down if they are made healthfully, and I try to smile while I choke them down.  Mind over matter.

Keagan, however did not hide his dislike (mid-gag):

The above picture gives you a taste of the first time green bean experience.  But if you want the full feature (appx 2 min 30 sec) you can watch the video.  Please don't turn me into Child Protective Services for this video!  He continued to open his mouth so I continued to feed (he ate the whole bowl by the way).  They are good for him, he will soon realize he, too, can choke them down with a smile.


3 comments:

  1. HIGHlarious. I find it really funny that you didn't like to eat green beans as a child, yet you are content to live on rabbit food with a side of candy now. The irony!

    ReplyDelete
  2. too funny. hope you don't bring the green beans tonight :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is too funny! I am such a proud aunt-to-be!

    ReplyDelete