January 17, 2010

2-fer-1 special

Also known as a 50% off sale!  And, who doesn't love a good sale?  :)  Sometimes a sale means the item is no longer popular, it is damaged, or it is only half as good.  Sometimes.  Other times, the economy has just prevailed and the stores are in desperate need of revenue to make their bottom dollar look better, even if that means selling merchandise dirt cheap.  In this case, the "economy" has gotten to me and I decided to give you two blogs for the price of one! 
Blog 1
Title:  My Husband = Da Man
Despite my poor husband having no clue what 3(+) months of nausea feels like and how it has really taken its toll on my livlihood, he continues to love me and do what he can around the house to keep life as we knew it the same.  He does the dishes, he straightens around the house, he even cleaned the bathroom once!  While he doesn't do it like I would do it, he does it.  And while my bum is sleeping on the couch, cursing being pregnant sometimes, he presses on like the champ he is.  He even brings me home little surprises every now and then.  (Side note:  my nausea has greatly improved, albeit not completely gone yet, and this makes life so much more tolerable.  I think Josh would also say that I am so much more tolerable now, and our house even got the deep clean it needed last weekend while he worked!) 
Last friday I had all but given up on having a comfortable pregnancy (I know, throw a pity-party, right?), but Josh came home from work with a Walgreen's bag.  As I eagerly rifled through the "surprise" I found a bottle of Zofran.  This has been a God-send!!  (In case you don't know, this is anti-nausea medication, and it is safe to take during pregnancy) I haven't had to take much of it as I think I am actually moving away from the nausea as I move further into my second trimester.  But when I do have to take it, life is 100% better for all involved.  
[I am sure some of you are shaking your heads in disgust because I am taking medication during pregnancy.  That is your opinion. I am no Pioneer Woman and I don't plan to give birth in the woods while biting on a bullet.  and *News Flash* modern medicine (i.e. Zofran, epidurals, chocolate...) are available to women because they ARE safe for us to utilize (not to mention that my over-protective husband would never let anything enter my body that would harm his unborn child).  I will digress now, as I am sure to revisit this subject in a few short months.]
So, as the blog title goes, my husband is DA MAN.  He brings me home surprises.  He once brought me home a gorgeous diamond ring a week before our 5th anniversary!  He loves me.  But he knows that at 14 weeks pregnant a diamond ring does nothing for me.  This week he brought home the best surprise a mom-to-be could E-V-E-R want: TWO containers of Baskin Robbins Peanut Butter N' Chocolate ice cream!  I squealed so loudly he jumped back!  This is the best ice cream that ever, ever existed.  I haven't had it in years (10+ years, probably) but have been craving it and searching for something similar in the ice cream aisle at Wal-Mart ever since I got pregnant.  There is no substitute, however.  This is basic chocolate ice cream with a thick ribbon of peanut butter liberally swirled into it.  It is oh-so-amazing.  The best thing you will ever put in your mouth.  Unfortunately there has not been a Baskin Robbins anywhere close to where we have lived, so I have just had to dream about it.  But Josh found it in half-gallon containers (and did I mention he brought home TWO?!)!  I didn't ask questions, I just served myself a bowl.  I didn't look at the nutritional content, but I am sure it would say "Eat this, Janine.  It will make all your worries go away and you WILL be instantly satisfied."  So there is really no reason to see how nutritious it is.  And I am sure Baby O will appreciate that Mommy is happy.  Because my one-liner description doesn't do this ice cream justice, here are some photos:




Blog 2
Title:  A Return Visit to my Alma Mater

This blog promises not to be as long as the first blog.  Isn't that usually how 50% off sales go, anyways?  Buy one, get the second of equal or lesser value free?  Well, this will be less material but certainly not lesser value.  Our friends Stacey and Jarrett invited us to go to a Murray State basketball game last night, she got some tickets from her boss and they were 4th or 5th row seats so we were basically on the court!  We haven't been to any MSU functions since we graduated in 2004, so it was kinda neat to be going back.  I was so excited that I attempted to wear my old Murray State sweatshirt (Mom, you'll remember this as the one you got me for my 18th birthday!).  It was actually clean, I wear it weekly because it is my most comfy sweatshirt, and I was excited to have school spirit!  Sadly, this outfit got vetoed the second I walked out of my room!  Josh told me that I looked sloppy and said I shouldn't wear something that's 20 years old!  (I beg to differ, it's only 10 years old!)  I will admit, this poor sweatshirt has had a lot of love over the years, including a fight with a tube of Carmex in the dryer.  So, I changed.  I am glad that I did, though, because our friends were dressed all cute and I would have been the only school-spirited slob of the bunch (not to mention that I now wear my jeans unbuttoned 100% of the time!).  MSU played Tennessee Tech, and won by 20-something points.  It was a very fun game, shared with very good friends.  And it brought back fond memories of my life as a college student.   



1 comment:

  1. oh old MSU - memories! Glad y'all had a fun time. Cute picture of you and Stacey but I am ready for you to look pregnant darnit. This is taking FOREVAH! ha ha.
    So...your husband - kudos to him seriously. I mean, the brother can't get it right necessarily on holidays and special occasions but dang if he didn't call your Dr. and order you in some medicine just because he knew you needed it and were trying to have the strength of Job in avoiding it. Whew - inhale! Love it and I know you do too. If I could talk to him I would say "Joshie, I am so proud of you, way to be a good hubby" and then I would turn to you and say "giiirrrrlll, no he didn't are you so pumped or what!" Love y'all!

    ReplyDelete