At the end of summer we decided to take the kids on a family vacation. We didn't want to spend too much money or go too far, we wanted simple but exciting. Nearly everything that we did was geared towards the children. The vacation was a surprise until the day of Finn's birthday party where we surprised him (he is the one that likes surprises the most) with a homemade cookie cake that essentially spelled out what we were doing/where we were going on this vacation!
Our first full day we took the kids to The City Museum. We have been before, but it has been a bit and the girls couldn't do as much then. This trip, however, they took off and had a great time! We only lost them one time - and it was scary!! They were doing the 5-, 7-, and 10-story slides back in the caves and it was dark and the wait times were long. The boys had taken off to do bigger kid slides (which was fine until it wasn't), and the girls were told to go straight up to the top of the same slide. I was waiting for them at the bottom. I waited (in the near dark) for 30 minutes at least and they never came down!!! I started to panic and was struggling of what to do - leave? stay? go up and find them and then miss them? I caught a worker that randomly walked by (this is in the caves section - if you know, you know) and he went and checked for me. One had just gone down but the other was on a different slide!! So I had to find the one girl, then the exit of the other girl... well, let's just say it was a tad panicky but we all got back together. Maclyn still talks about it all and apparently had the same stress over it, which makes me sad.
Despite "losing" our children for a small time, the kids had a great time and found other places to explore that they didn't last time we went! And they have added on and built new attractions since the last time we went so that was pretty cool too. I am sure the next time we go it will have so much more!!
 |
| Let's Go!!! |
 |
| so much climbing! |
 |
| we spotted all four! |
 |
| Things got a little sideways for Mac, but she didn't freak out and actually tried again! |
 |
| hanging out in the school bus that dangles off the rooftop! |
 |
| "I'm not scared!" |
 |
| Mama was scared with this driver! |
 |
| That rooftop ferris wheel - it was a tad janky and frightening but we rode it! |
 |
| I don't really have a fear of heights but I realized during this ride that I am not in love with them... |
 |
| Ivy, on the other hand, has zero fears of anything. |
No comments:
Post a Comment