In 2018 our church encouraged the children to participate in a read-through-the-Bible study. Neither of the boys really understood what they were getting into but I knew this would be a great thing for them to begin to learn God's word so I signed them up. There were times that were a struggle and times where we played catch-up, but I have to say I am incredibly proud of my boys for sticking with it for 12 months!! As a reward, our children's minister, Mrs. Margaret, gave all the children who completed the Bible Reading Challenge the red carpet treatment with a limo ride and tour around Nashville. To say that I am proud is an understatement!!
First stop on the tour was lunch at Burger King! The full royal treatment! Haha
Next stop was Opry Mills mall were the kids got to do a little "shopping" before their limo picked them up! I spy our church van!! Mr. Jeff (Mrs. Margaret's husband) wore a full Star Wars suit and the kids thought it was great! We got a kick out of him walking through the mall with his posse of little kids around him!
The limo has arrived!!!
Exciting sights around Nashville!! Mrs. Margaret sent us pictures the whole time. I think the kids had a great time!!
I thoroughly enjoyed watching these kids earn this reward and enjoy being treated like royalty. But what I enjoyed even more was the reaction of two strangers at Opry Mills when they saw a bunch of little kids getting into a limousine. The woman asked what this was about, when we told her that these children were being rewarded for reading the Bible in 2018 she was amazed and had tears in her eyes. These boys and girls ARE amazing!!!

































No comments:
Post a Comment