I had to think about it, but I turned 37 this year! Most days I don't feel this close to 40 and I guess that is a good thing. Having a February birthday isn't my favorite (thanks MOM. haha! totally kidding)...but nothing about February is pretty: the weather, the way my skin feels/looks, the cold all-the-time, or the way I fit into my clothes. So my birthday just typically comes and then goes and gets lost in the shuffle of post-Christmas and Valentines because I don't really feel like doing a whole lot. And really it is ok with me. (BUT come 40, I do want to do something fun...in a warm place...without kids?)
Anywho....my birthday was nice despite the typical feel of February. We met the Harrod fam out for Mexican and cookie cake and the boys brought candles. Funny thing about this picture is they left one of the single candles at home so in this picture, according to the candles, I am only 36! Then I opened my cards and got a great laugh at the truth of the one Josh and the kids got me. And Josh made me a cheesecake and Maclyn ate my cupcakes. It was a nice, simple way to ring in 37!
The kids LIVE for boxes from Grandma. When there is a package on our porch they immediately start asking if it is from Grandma and for them. So they thoroughly enjoyed their Valentines and new shirts!
Valentines Boxes and Valentines goodies and a Valentines lunch with my kids at school! Lots of love!!
Finn loves his made-with-love-from-mom candy bouquet so much he has hardly eaten any of it!


























No comments:
Post a Comment