Maclyn on the left in January 2017, Ivy on the right in January 2019. Many people say they are identical, but I am starting to really see a difference between the two as Ivy gets bigger.
Soccer is life. I guess. It has become a year-round sport in our house with only a week or two break here and there. Keagan played indoor soccer in the first part of winter, then he and Finn played in the second winter session. It.Never.Ends. I won't lie, I thoroughly enjoy watching them play, it is just a lot (A LOT) on our family.
Finn's "Dynamites" team (U8 division) played against the U8 Girls from Marshall County
Sweet freshly clean little girl playing in her mommy's jewelry
Poppy loves his wiggly Ivy...and Ivy loves her Poppy
I found this in Keagan's folder from school.
Maclyn was invited to a Disney Princess party and wouldn't you know, her favorite princesses EVER showed up! Belle and Rapunzel! They were gorgeous...but my stubborn child absolutely refused to even go near them, let alone get a picture with them. Ivy was enamored by them, however. Too bad she showed up to the party in pajamas!! The princesses didn't seem to mind though.
Ivy's nickname: Wubbie Wubbie Sweet and Chubby. How could this baby not make you smile?! She loves to look at herself in the mirror!
Maclyn's newest favorite thing is to do makeup with me. The only problem is when I am in a hurry and she demands that we do "mae-up" ... as you see it is a mess! But I am trying to let her explore and learn...as hard as it is! Thank goodness for makeup remover wipes.
And then there is this. Whew. This kid wears me out. Thank God she is cute.
Ivy enjoys snuggling her daddy.
When Mommy gets on the floor to play with Ivy, she gets bombarded by all the babies!!
I mean, she may give the meanest looks and be quite the difficult child...but then there is this! And she reminds me that she is so pretty! (as if I needed a reminder)
Wubbie is one of the most loved babies ever...
100-day shirts for the boys made by Grandma!!
Mac thought she would get out of eating her supper by feigning a fever, and even added a fake cough in there. Yes, our family has been hit hard by sickness lately but she was absolutely healthy here. (eye roll)
Teaching the boys important life skills by making them make their beds. Team work. Fitted sheets. How to parent. (they did it too!!)
My favorite time of the day is when I get to nurse Ivy. Since she won't nurse with the other kids around we hide out in her room. And she gives me the sweetest smiles and we chat and snuggle. It slows down my crazy life just a smidge.

Maclyn's favorite thing to do these days is play "pass" with the ball and with anyone who will be her pass partner. She's gonna be one tough little girl...having brothers like this.
We have had a few sunny and warm days this winter and the kids have gotten outside and played a bit. Mac has been begging to play with her pink car and the boys thought they'd try roller skating. That was fun(ny).
Guess what?! I AM CAUGHT UP!!!!!! It only took the kids (and myself) having flu to sit me down long enough to make this happen. Let's see if I can keep it this way!










































No comments:
Post a Comment