Maclyn celebrated her 2nd birthday last weekend. And she celebrated with a Peppa Pig Party! This little girl had so much fun and it was so fun celebrating her! I struggle with her being TWO. She is still a baby to me...and I hate how fast time is flying.
We decided to do Maclyn's 2nd Birthday Party in our church's activity building and we had the party guests bring ride on toys to give the little ones something age-appropriate to do. The big kids also enjoyed the ride-on toys... We served barbecue (or as Josh lovingly named it, Peppa-cue!) and cake and then did a Peppa Pig pinata! I didn't think about it, but as one friend jokingly (??) said, we were monsters for serving barbecue and then beating a Peppa replica! Pretty funny until it came time for the pinata and Maclyn became super upset. Funny, but not funny.
Life is Better in a Tutu!! (this is Maclyn's "CHEEEEEEEESE" face! Haha!)
Before we did presents, we got some pictures with Maclyn. She LOVES her daddy so much and it is evident in this series of pictures and they are so sweet!!
Bring in the rest of Team Owens!!!
Pinata Time!! So, listen. What kid doesn't love a pinata? I was super excited to find a Peppa pinata and never in my wildest dreams imagined it would break my Birthday Girl's heart. It seemed to start out fine, but then sheer terror came over Maclyn's face when she realized she was literally beating Peppa Pig. And it got worse with tears when Maclyn's friends then ENJOYED beating her. Josh had to walk Mac away from the scene. I laughed while it was going on, but it broke my heart that my baby was hurting. Poor kid!
I am loving these pinata pictures of Maclyn's friends! They thoroughly enjoyed it even if the Birthday Girl didn't.
The big kids were dying for their turns!
So my Maclyn is TWO. I really feel like the past two years flew by. Maclyn is a gem of a child. She is super sweet and loves to give kisses and has the sweetest smiles. She still has her "judgy" look, among many other fantastic expressions, but she is a very happy child. She is talking a lot and loves to tell you that her favorite color is PINK. In fact, everything in her world is PINK!!! Nothing like enjoying life in pink. Maclyn has great manners and says Please! and Thank you! and Bless You Mama/Bubba/Baby. She is smitten with her daddy (and calls him Daya) and begs her brothers to play with her ("bubba pway." while patting the ground next to her). Maclyn cannot get enough of her baby sister ("Bubay" or "Ivay") and purses her lips to kiss Ivy any chance she gets.
Maclyn is weighing in at 27.6 lbs and is nearly 34 inches tall! She seems huge to me but that is likely because I now have a new tiny baby, but she isn't! She still has the most awesome spiral curls and I am obsessed with them. Her hair is actually long, down to the middle of her back when you stretch the curls out, and when it isn't pulled up in a bow it is CRAZY!!! Josh threatens to cut it quite often, but I know he loves it! A week before her 2nd birthday, Maclyn gave her paci to her baby sister (put it in Ivy's bassinet) and never looked back. So the pacifier is GONE! Josh and I can't believe how easy it was for her to part with it. Now, bedtime and naptime have been a little more difficult and she doesn't go to sleep as easily. She continues to twirl her sweet curls to help herself fall asleep, but she is waking in the middle of the night and this is kind of frustrating. I won't lie, I know the paci would settle her and make her back to the awesome sleeper she was, but we can't go back. She's a big girl now! Potty training is next!!!
As sweet and adorable as Maclyn's personality is, she can be pretty spicy!! She does not like to not get her way and lets out an ear-piercing scream when she doesn't. She loves her brothers, but it must be on her terms. They get up in her face or in her toys, despite me telling them not to until I am blue in the face, and this results in a scream. Maclyn's newest phase, besides a scream, is to run away from us anytime we need to leave the house, change her diaper, get dressed, get up to the table to eat, etc.. She runs and hides as if I have all kinds of time in the world to hunt her down for whatever we need to do. It was funny at first, but it isn't anymore. And along with this phase, she is hitting. It typically happens when you chase her down and pick her up for whatever reason (for example, diaper change)...she starts to hit you, herself, or throw things off the changing table. Temper much?!
Every bit of you, we will take it all, Baby Girl! You are a joy in our lives and we have enjoyed watching you grow! Happy 2nd Birthday Maclyn Alice!!





Happy 2nd Birthday, Maclyn!! The piñata narrative is hilarious!! Who would have thought it would be so traumatic? Something to laugh about in the years to come!!
ReplyDelete