It is hard to believe that Ivy has already hit the 1-month mark. It
has been a crazy long month. Yet, super fast at the same time. How does
that happen?! My last posting about Ivy talked about how she had lost
weight at her 2 week appointment and how my milk supply had tanked. I am
thrilled to report that at her last check-up (at one month) Ivy had
gained over a pound and was 7 lbs-4 oz and 21.5 inches long. And with
lots of work (and herbs and lactation brownies!) on my end, I have her
nursing exclusively and my milk supply is back. She is actually starting
to chunk up and I can feel her becoming stout. She is also fitting into
her newborn jammies finally, and hopefully soon into real clothes!!
Here
are some pictures of her first at-home bath (I forgot to post this a
while back). She hated the bath. I think it was mostly my fault, I
forgot how to bathe a fresh baby! Now she actually enjoys a bath! But
these pictures are pitiful.
My
sweet Ivy struggled with latching and remaining latched during nursing
sessions. But once we finally figured each other out, she has finally
become a peaceful nurser. And the only of my babies who hasn't caused me
a lot of discomfort with breastfeeding! Look at her with her hands
folded! So sweet! (those sweet hands used to get in the way of her
eating, but she has learned to put them down now!)
First smile!!! I have since gotten many, but they are hard to get on camera!
Big brother #2 helping with a bottle. He was a pro!
Ooooh Hello World!
Abigail Harrod finally getting to hold the baby!! (She was so excited!)
In
case you are wondering, Maclyn is still absolutely in love with her
baby. And she has not tried to pick her up yet. She does demand kisses
and hugs from baby sister, but those are easy to oblige.
Me
and my littlest girl. I don't get many pictures with my baby because I
am the only one who takes pictures. So a selfie will have to do until
someone else learns to take pictures. Haha!
Tummy-tummy-tummy time! Ivy tolerates tummy time pretty well. It helps when you fall asleep through it...
Big
sister is loving all the baby equipment that has surfaced since Ivy's
arrival. She uses a lot of it for her own babies, but this day she
decided she wanted to try it out!!
At
Ivy's 4 week check-up I had to take both girls. I decided to make a day
of it since we were in Paducah and I needed to run some errands. I was a
little nervous how I would manage a toddler (who has her own ideas and
isn't bashful about letting everyone know when she wants things done her
way) and a newborn, but with a lot of patience and taking things slow
we actually had a great day!! We managed to go to the pediatrician,
Chick-fil-A, Hobby Lobby, Old Navy, Lowes, and Wal-Mart without any
meltdowns or problems, along with a couple nursing sessions and a nap
for Mac. I did get a lot of looks and no fewer than 15 people told me I
had my hands full (they only saw the half of it, too! haha), but this
outing gave me confidence.
Waking
up is so difficult!! (in related news: now that I don't have to wake
her to feed her, Ivy is only waking once to nurse, sometime between 2
and 4. she goes down around 10/10:30 and generally sleeps until 6:30/7)
We are working on pacifier success. Sometimes Ivy helps hold it in!
Happy ONE month Baby Ivy!

































No comments:
Post a Comment