Listen, I cannot keep up. I struggle loading my pics onto my computer...and then organizing them for a blog. And then writing that blog. So I am going to try and throw a blog together. Bear with me. I am hoping that someday I can organize my pictures and then get back to better blogging. Maybe.
For now I am going back to the end of March in pics from my phone. Some need explanation/caption while others are just adorbs.
Finny starting to read his BOB book! He thinks he has figured out the system though: he asks you to read it to him (I fell for it once) and then he literally memorizes it and reads it back to you. Haha! He would get very angry when I would encourage him to sound out the words.
I had a Matilda Jane party at my house and my friends Heather and Dana came and brought their babies Levi and Eleanor! So they had a playdate while we "shopped."
All the Owens men in checkered shirts for church one morning. No memo was sent...it just happened.
Legos. Oh, Legos. The first two pictures were taken before Maclyn was even remotely mobile. At that time Legos were not a concern because they were kept out of her reach. As Mac became more mobile, however, I had the boys clean up and move them to the playroom. (side note: Maclyn is a hoover vacuum cleaner...she eats EVERYTHING. If there is nothing in reach, she creates something by pulling the carpet fibers and eating them. Oftentimes we will see her chewing, but inspection of her mouth reveals nothing.) Fast-forward a couple months from these pics and Keagan bought himself a 952-piece Lego set with his own money. He and Finn built it at the kitchen table, which was fine. But then Finley brought down some of the built pieces to the carpet, about 10-ft away from where Maclyn was playing. I did not realize that a) there were Legos on the carpet and b) that Maclyn noticed there were Legos on the carpet. Before I knew it Maclyn made her way across the room and had Legos in each hand and was helping herself to their yummy goodness. I screamed once I realized it, jumped up, and pulled Legos from her hands and mouth and literally threw them across the room, scattering them into the dining room. The boys were pretty upset with me, but I was beyond mama-bear-angry and scared. We did several finger sweeps and couldn't find anything else in Mac's mouth, but she continued to make a chewing motion. The boys picked up the scattered Legos and Keagan's quick inventory revealed a missing Lego hotdog. While Josh googled what to do about an infant eating a Lego, I googled the Lego parts list for this kit (who knew there was a complete inventory of each Lego set made online!!) to make sure all pieces were accounted for. They were not, Keagan was correct: we were missing a Lego hotdog. Well, longer-story-short, I found it the next day during a diaper change. There is a moral to this story...maybe more than one!
My sweet girl is oh-so-happy in the mornings.
Supporting UK at the last March Madness game (they lost)
Moms-and-muffins with Keagan at his school!
Maclyn and Oscar...they absolutely adore each other!
This baby and her brothers also absolutely adore each other.
And this baby absolutely adores food. Any food, especially food Mommy might have!
At MeeMee's house (where the kids go to daycare now) Mac and Caroline are big buddies. Caroline is a year older than Maclyn and is MeeMee's granddaughter. It will be fun to watch their friendship grow as they get bigger. They are so sweet!
In April our good friend Chasity turned 40! So we celebrated her! Purple Toad Winery, then dinner at Mellow Mushroom, and a comedy show. We had a great time!
Occupation Day at Finley's preschool. He wants to be a Chef!
As Maclyn nears her first birthday there have been a lot of changes in our household. But one thing that hasn't changed is how much the boys love their baby sister. They constantly ask to hold her. Finley took advantage of his brother being in school one day to keep all Maclyn's snuggles to himself!
But don't think Keagan didn't get some snuggles from his sister another time when Finn wasn't around! Haha!
I told Josh that this was our sign to build a house on a bunch of land...
If you break it down, all a baby really needs is a diaper and an empty water bottle. And lots of love...but that cannot be bought!
Silly kid, wearing Momma's glasses.
A watch and a razor. A man's man.











































No comments:
Post a Comment