June 27, 2017

a sweet, sweet SEVENTH birthday

I have been begging Keagan to stay little for several years. He used to tell me he would stay little, but somehow here we are celebrating his 7th birthday! He now tells me he wants to be 16 so he can drive. YIKES!!!  Despite his desires to grow up faster, I remind him that he will always be my baby. And my first baby!

On his last night as a 6-year old, my sweet Keagan softly mentioned to me that he wanted balloons on his door like I have done for him in years past. I thought that was super sweet because I was secretly worried that he was too big for all these shenanigans. But I was wrong! So I will hang up balloons for him for every birthday if he wants them!!

Happy 7th Birthday Dear Keagan!!!! He was a bit confused about the balloons despite asking for them. Haha!

Birthday Party Time!! This was the first year that Keagan had his party on his actual birthday...and it only happened on accident! The original party was to be the next evening, but most of his friends couldn't come on that night (and when you only invite 4 friends that is not good!). So we moved the party to his actual birthday and all of his friends made it!!!

I originally told Keagan we wouldn't have a party at all. But that we could invite a couple friends and go bowling. Well, he has a bunch of really good friends so I limited him to 4...and that was tough on him to choose. But it made for a very close and easy party.  If I left it up to him he would have invited 30 kids!! He is such a sweet boy and makes friends everywhere he goes. I love this about him. He asked for a Power Rangers cake and we were able to make that happen!!

Keagan and Maeci

Keagan and Nick

Keagan and Reagan

Fist Bump!

Keagan and Annie

So thankful for Gamma and Poppy...they loved on Maclyn the whole time!!  (not that she's tough to love on or anything!!)

Our SEVEN year old Birthday Boy!!

A look back at past parties...because it is fun! and funny!!

6th birthday...

5th Birthday

4th Birthday

3rd Birthday

2nd Birthday

1st Birthday

Birth "day"!!

Oh. It goes way too fast. I feel like we were just "there" in that picture right above. Loving on our fresh baby. Praying for him to get better so we could take him home. It really is true...the days are long but the years are oh-so-short.

I have said this nearly every year: this child is the most gracious and sweet kid ever. I absolutely LOVED to watch him with his friends. He didn't get a ton of presents like he has in years past...but he didn't notice. He got mostly cards with money, and he loved the cards just as much as the money. He took the time to thank each of his friends as he opened their gift. And he gushed over all of it. It makes this momma's heart happy to see how thankful he was for his gifts, and even more thankful for each and every child that showed up. Even the siblings of some of his friends. 

His brother picked out a fun Lego set for him! He was thrilled!

A ginormous Lego set from Grandma and Grandpa!

A Garmin Jr. watch from Mom and Dad

Another Lego set from Great Grandma Gail! (he also got a 4th set from Reagan!)

Baby sister is also pretty happy with the present opening!

Before cake the kids went over to the arcade and were trying to get stuffed animals with the claw!! I know Maeci got one toy, and she gave it to Keagan...and I think Keagan also got a doll and gave it to Maeci! 

Annie wasn't so excited about the arcade...she patiently waited for the cake!!! Of course, I did mention we were gonna do cake and she and Tuck were the only ones that listened!! The rest ran...but it didn't help that Josh was in the arcade with the kids!!!

Finally cake time!! I love Keagan's face in these pictures. He was just so happy when everyone was singing to him!

Maclyn-approved

These kids. They were all so very good, so very sweet, and are such good friends. This party was so easy and relaxing. I thoroughly enjoyed watching Keagan with his friends at his party. This picture does a lot to my heart. It makes me laugh because of Finley's face and how Annie has her arm around his neck. It makes me smile because these kids all have their arms around each other and are so close. And it makes me tear up because one of my prayers is that my children will have a good group of friends. Not only are these fantastic friends, but we consider each of their parents good friends. (From L to R: Annie, Finley, Tuck, Nick, Keagan, Maeci, Reagan, Abby)

(and for the record: Finn was a good boy....remember last year? If not, revisit it. He was awful...  Well, Josh and I told him that if he acted this way again at his brother's party then he wouldn't get one! He listened and did good. Phew.)

The mommas: Amber (Nick and Tuck), Maegan (Maeci), Me, Chasity (Reagan and Abby), Stacey (Annie)

Our family!!

Our traditional Stacey&Janine pic...with our girls!

Poppy and Gamma with the Birthday Boy! (we promised to give Mac back after the picture. hehe!)

Happy 7th Birthday to my sweet Keagan. You make me very proud, son. And as much as you want to grow up super fast, I will continue to ask that you slow down and stay little a little longer. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment