No, for real. This nugget is 9 months old. Well, 12 days ago she was 9 months...so I guess technically she is nearly 9.5 months. Can I go cry now?! Denial...it isn't just a river in Egypt.
If you haven't been blessed by meeting this sweet baby, you are missing out. I know she's mine and that automatically causes a lot of bias, but this baby is hands-down the sweetest baby ever. She's a lover all the time, she smiles a lot, and she is generally happy. As I have said for the past several months, she only gets upset when she is hungry/wet/tired. She gets her loudest and most upset during tummy time or "therapy" as I have now begun calling it.
Yep. Mac is still not rolling, crawling, or bearing weight through her feet. I can't decide if it's a problem and something I should be concerned about, the doctor says no - her muscle tone is fine and she is developing in all other areas just fine. She is just content and nothing motivates her. Personally, it does bother me. I am ok with her being a baby a little longer, and because she is so content she is super easy also being immobile. But I have to say, my physical therapy background and mind goes to dark places when my kids don't meet their motor milestones. So, I have begun doing "therapy" with her daily. This consists of a lot of screaming because I put her in positions she won't get in herself! The boys hate it, they don't like to see their baby upset. I don't particularly like it either. And lucky for us all, I can only stand about 15 minutes!
But...back to my happy baby!
At 9 months old Mac weighs in at 20lbs 6 ounces, and length is 28.5 inches tall. She is nursing 4 times a day now, eating solids at every meal and some soft table foods when we have them. She drinks from a straw cup and tries her darndest to eat out of my hand if I am holding food or drink while holding her! She is sitting good, reaches far outside of her base of support, taking big-girl baths in the tub, and can twist around on her back like she's going to roll (but she never does). She still has no teeth, and none on the horizon according to the doctor and much to her mommy's chagrin. I've blamed any whiny times on teething. But...yeah...she is a ways off.
She is still the love of her brothers' lives and the feeling is still mutual. She cannot get enough of them. From the minute she wakes until she goes to bed, both of the boys must know what she's doing and love on her every chance they get. She watches their every move and smiles and talks and waves at them. With my whole heart, I pray that this love between the three of them sticks around. If so, these will be the tightest siblings ever. And isn't that what every momma dreams of and prays for?
Have I mentioned I blame everything on teething? Eating the decorations is normal around here...
Happy 9 Months, Baby Mac!



No comments:
Post a Comment