March 26, 2017

cell phone picture purge

Honestly (and sadly) I do not remember the last time I actually used my real camera. I should be ashamed, but the reality is I have three very busy children and if I am going to capture any pictures they will be captured by my phone. So I am owning that with this blog. Not to mention, I should be thankful that such technology exists because otherwise my third baby really may not have any pictures of herself!! This is becoming a monthly thing...

Keagan has recently become obsessed with writing notes. He loves to write notes to his teachers, his friends, and then I found this sweet note in my lunchbag the other day. I saved it, but had to take a picture too...  Nothing sweeter. 

A picture just because I love this sweet outfit. So simple and easy! Oh, and the baby in the outfit is adorable.

Uncle Wesley sent Maclyn a pink Swarovski crystal bracelet for Christmas...so we had to get pictures of her wearing it the first time. And then pictures to show how she waves and cracks herself up!  

While I was making babyfood for Mac, I glanced up and realized all 4 of my favorite people were in one frame. So I snapped a picture.  I love our real life!

Baby sister LOVES to bounce!

Josh had to work the night of my actual birthday, so the kids and I celebrated with the cookie cake he bought me! It was YUMMY! We also had a dance party in the kitchen with the newest member of our family: Alexa. (i.e. the personal assistant/speaker/music box/shopping list maker...from Amazon)

The weekend after my birthday Josh planned a little dinner in Paducah. We met several of our closest friends for dinner at one of our favorite eat places after a fun afternoon of shopping and wine tasting without kiddos! Before going to supper, we met Stacey and Jarrett at a distillery/bar in downtown Paducah...we were the only ones there and there was an open mic calling Stacey's name so I got a personal Happy Birthday song!

The next morning at church was our annual Soup or Chili Bowl for the Super Bowl, and it is a fundraiser for the youth. Our Sunday School class takes this competition very seriously and we were the reigning champs for several years in a row. Our class jokes (all in good fun) with the other classes that we have our own trophy and awards corner. So we were super serious that we had to hold our title. Unfortunately this was the year that people brought their A-game, so we didn't win Best Theme or Most Money Raised, but we did have Most Original soup. Because it was the Chinese New Year we went with a Won Ton soup and a Chinese New Year theme! Of course, Stacey and I took the theme to the next level (we love a good costume day!)....

This next picture is hilarious. At first glance it looks like we are both holding sweet sleeping babies. I am...Stacey is not. Stacey is holding one of Annie's (creepy) baby dolls, and it has on a Chewbacca mask from one of the Star Wars theme tables. People seriously thought it was a real baby and it was freaking people out! So funny! In fact, someone didn't see me holding Maclyn and actually thought the baby Stacey was holding was Mac!
 

Getting some sweet after-church snuggles with my baby girl...

Oh this. I have debated on sharing this...but it is really too funny not to. And I don't ever want to forget this. I also want proof that this happened so when my boys are bigger I can show them...  Josh and I heard giggling one day and they were taking pictures with their preschool camera. I didn't think a whole lot about it, but then I went scrolling thru the pictures and came upon this picture. Um. Yeah. We punished the boys for this while stifling big laughter. And we still laugh about it. We actually took the camera away for a while! And we did end up deleting the picture, but not before snapping a picture of what they took a picture of...  Oh, boys.

Maclyn and her Mickey Mouse cup. So sweet...but she makes a HUGE mess...

Playing Speak Out with some friends on a Friday night gamenight! Funny game, but my lips were super sore for days after! And we were all drooling on ourselves all night!!

Finley is OBSESSED with shaving with his daddy. In fact, he probably asks weekly (used to be every day)...apparently he also felt the need to shave his chest on this day. Trust me, he didn't learn this from his Daddy!

Cool Baby!

LOVE LOVE LOVE her rolls!!!

I got this picture of Keagan and Nick from their kindergarten teacher after the Valentine's Party. These boys are big buddies!!

Sweet baby Maclyn absolutely adores her big brothers...and just lights up when they get down on her level!

Grandma sends the kids care packages quite often and these two boys absolutely LOVE seeing their names on the boxes. I use these boxes to my advantage ("if you are good" or "if you pick up" or "if you eat your supper" ..."then you can open your box") because the boys know there is always fun stuff in them and they cannot wait to tear into them! They really speak to the boys' Love Languages, especially Finley as he is a "gifts" kinda dude.

Dairy Queen had "Free Cone Day" on the first day of Spring and so my friend Maegan and I took the kids after school...and it was Maclyn's first time trying chocolate ice cream. She loved it! And got really vocal when I took it away to get a bite myself!



No comments:

Post a Comment