Oh ohhhh Happy Girl! (Channel Martina McBride's song here...) The sweetest thing that you'll ever see in the whole wide world is a Happy Girl!!
Maclyn is just that: a HAPPY GIRL! She is so pleasant...and I cannot imagine our lives without her. She loves big and with her whole body, giggling and hugging and moving her arms and legs all at once. It is hard to believe that she is 8 (+) months old already...as I am fairly certain she was just born the other day. The "difficult" newborn days are long gone and but a memory already. And while we have had some recent bumps in the road (a long-holding cold and the early teething stages), this sweet baby is making life super easy on everyone!
Maclyn still doesn't roll over consistently (or ever, really) but she loves to sit and play. She reaches for toys and can sit unsupported pretty well. She continues to refuse bearing weight on her legs, but I am quite certain she is just my stubborn child. Pleasant, but stubborn. And, Hello!, she is the third baby...she doesn't have to do anything. If her socks are off, she loves to eat her toes. She will tolerate tummy time and even scoots on her belly to get to a particular toy if no one brings it to her when she grunts or whines. We have been doing some "physical therapy" and practicing weight bearing on all-fours...I can't say she loves it. Haha! But, lucky her, she has a mommy who is a physical therapist.
Maclyn HATES green beans. I mean, gags and carries on, and even throws up her stomach contents. She will eat just about everything else I give her, but she will not eat green beans. As Finley states, No Way-No How. I guess she got it from her Momma....(I don't love them either)
Maclyn sleeps through the night...oh Praise the Lord! She goes to bed between 7/730 and sleeps until 630/7. She was waking up and we would go in and put a pacifier in her mouth...and I felt like we were creating a monster. But then she started putting her own paci in her mouth! I have watched her on the baby monitor and it is hilarious. She is also starting to be a fantastic napper! Mac generally takes 3 naps a day, with the mid-day nap being the longest. She puts herself to sleep after a small amount of "play" in the crib, and she loves to have her Green Baby laying right on top of her tummy. It is pretty sweet.
My sweet baby girl is getting chunky...and now that warmer weather is starting to come around we are getting to see bare legs (hers...not mine) and I have thoroughly enjoyed eating her legs! Does that sound weird? Maybe...but they are just so sweet!! At her last doctor appointment, Mac weighed 19# 1 ounce..I think this was just before she turned 8 months.
One of Maclyn's new favorite things to do is dance. She gets going to music, bouncing and swaying, and throwing her arms up and down! (Even more so since this video was made) What you will also hear is my fantastic singing voice, then me laughing at myself for singing mindlessly and realizing I was videoing.
Then I found this video...it is almost a month old...but this video is pretty much how this baby is all the time. I love her pure joy, and the pure joy she brings this family! Such a fun and funny little girl!





No comments:
Post a Comment