But first: Independence Day!!
Josh really, really hoped he would get a baby on July 4th. Sadly for him, I could not make that happen. haha! I think he is OK with it... But we did have a wonderful Independence Day weekend anyways. Saturday we spent time with Josh's family at his Aunt Pat's house in Hickman. Unfortunately the weather was kind of yucky and actually quite cool, so we didn't do any swimming, but the kids did!
Then on Sunday, we had our good friends over for a fish fry. I got Josh a fryer for our Anniversary and he has really enjoyed putting it to use. I posted a picture on Facebook of him using it when he first got it and our friends were on that like white on rice! So what better way to enjoy our friends on America's Birthday and give them some fried fish than with a party at our house! So, pending No Baby, we invited them all over for food, fun, and we hoped fireworks. The only thing that didn't work out was the fireworks because the weather became severe. But no one seemed to disappointed. Everyone contributed to our delicious spread of food and we had a fantastic time!
Today I hit the 38-week mark! It is kind of surreal to me to think we will have a new baby in our arms sooner rather than later. I did get a reality check on that though this morning at my doctor's appointment. I had another ultrasound to check the position of my placenta and it has moved up and away from my cervix enough to attempt to allow a natural delivery (vs. c-section). This both thrills and scares me at the same time. But honestly, the fear would be there no matter what!!! The doctor checked me also and I am 2 cm dilated! I have been having contractions for quite some time, and they are getting stronger, though not consistent. After all the "activity" today my contractions have increased and I have lost my mucus plug. Betcha wanted to know that... haha! Anyways...baby time is likely closer than my mind is believing!
The boys came into the bathroom this morning and both placed their sweet, sleepy heads on either side of my belly. They love this belly. I hope they love what is in it just as much! It was a sweet moment and I am glad I had my phone handy so I could capture it.
I finally bought something pink and something blue (though I had quite a bit of blue already...new baby means something blue AND new!)...coming home outfits. I love them both. The blue one has little bitty old-time cars embroidered on it. They reminded me of my Grandpa's Ford Model A and when I saw it in the store I scooped it up so fast as if someone else might be getting it before me. There was no one else in the store. ha! I also loved the simplicity of the pink with the white tulle rosebuds. As much as I wanted to buy one of each gender, my biggest thing was I wanted to love BOTH of them. I have tried really hard during this pregnancy to not give preferential desires to one gender over the other, because it truly doesn't matter, and I felt like the outfits I chose had to be the same way.
My little ragamuffin Finny had to get in on the pictures. Haha! Love that goofy face!


No comments:
Post a Comment