WOW. It is hard to believe that Maclyn has already surpassed two weeks of age. I feel like with each baby, time moves faster. And time moved fast enough with my first baby. These first two weeks have been a blur, but my fogginess is starting to improve and, while we still don't have a solid routine, we are getting to know our sweet Maclyn. Currently, she is eating every two hours during the day and it is wearing me out, but prior to this feeding frenzy (growth spurt?) she was going every 3 to 3.5 hours between nursing sessions. Sleep is improving, though we are in no way near sleeping through the night. She wakes every 3 hours or so to eat and the first time she wakes she generally goes back down easily. Then it is hit and miss how much we will be awake...and I can't figure that out. But I am trying to roll with it and know that this phase will soon be a thing of the past as she gets bigger. (I say that, but we did have a night that Maclyn was awake, and fussy, from 1 to 6:30 with nothing that would console her. Miserable.)
The boys continue to be in love, and kiss and hug her every chance they get. Keagan thinks she is the cutest baby ever and loves to see what I dress her in. Finley asks me often to please take care of his baby. They both want to hold her and have both been pretty helpful in singing to her and entertaining her. They also don't seem to mind "fetching" things for me when I am nursing. They love to throw Maclyn's diapers in the diaper genie and have done pretty good with doing more for themselves since I am preoccupied with the baby.
A lot of the pictures from the last couple weeks are from our phones so they aren't the best quality. However, at this time convenience trumps quality and it is more important to me to get a picture of the moment before it passes. My phone is nearly always nearby, my camera is not.
Morning snuggles in our bed...the boys do a pretty good job of taking turns holding their baby.
My parents ended up heading back to Texas the Wednesday after Maclyn was born. I was sad to see them leave, and worried about being by myself with all three! I am thankful that they were able to get some quality time with the boys and get some Maclyn snuggles before they had to leave. Maclyn may already have her Grandpa wrapped around her finger...
Three Generations! We need to get my Grandma in a generation picture. Maclyn is her first great-granddaughter!
Finley watching Grandpa who was watching him. Ha!
Grandma and Maclyn with the beautiful flowers they sent me in the hospital.
Playtime! Maclyn hung out and was entertained by her brothers for quite some time on this morning! I got a ton of sweet pictures, too..
When I went back and looked at this picture it reminded me of the picture I snapped just days before Maclyn was born, when the boys came into the bathroom in the morning while I was getting ready and put their sweet little heads on either side of my big belly. They were already so in love with the baby, and they had no idea if they were getting a little sister or brother. And now, that love continues to grow.
Naked baby girl...she is so teeny tiny!
Maclyn makes some crazy faces. This is one of them. I feel like she is already critiquing my wardrobe or hair choices...and is saying, "Are you really gonna wear THAT!?"
As my swelling has decreased I have actually been able to put my rings back on. Josh got me a beautiful gold and diamond ring to commemorate Maclyn's birth and I am so excited to be able to wear it next to the other bands from Finley's and Keagan's births.
This has become a nightly ritual...daddy-daughter snuggles.
My sweet girl snoozing in her bassinet, under her "welcome home" sign.
At Maclyn's two-week appointment this past Friday she kept having all these dreamy smiles. I captured a couple while we were waiting for the doctor to come in and check her out. The hope was that Maclyn's weight would be back up to birth weight (6# 15oz) after she lost a couple ounces in the hospital (we discharged at 6# 7oz). Well, my good eater weighed in at 7# 9 oz!! Mommy's milk does a baby good!














No comments:
Post a Comment