March 30, 2016

Faith of a Child

Matthew 18:2-4
And calling to him a child, he put him in the midst of them and said, “Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.



There is something innocent and sweet about a praying child. I absolutely love to hear my children pray, and I love their simple yet strong faith in the Lord. With no questions asked, just pure faith. Over Easter weekend Josh and I asked the boys what happened on Good Friday and what was so important about Easter. And I was surprised to hear their very correct answers that Christ died on the cross to save us from our sins, then rose from the "death" as Keagan says. They probably do not fully understand what this means, however the seeds have been planted. And their innocence is refreshing to my adult questioning.

In church, I don't think the boys really pay a bit of attention to what is going on. We encourage them to sing and pray before getting their coloring books and crayons out. I try to get them to be still during prayer time, but that is usually next to impossible. But one Sunday morning our friend Paula snapped this sweet picture of Finley praying. Keagan is behind/beside him holding Paula's daughter's hand and praying as well. I cried when I saw this picture. It is perfection. And it makes me realize that the difficulty that comes with taking two littles to church, sometimes by myself, is worth it...even if I don't always get much out of the sermon.

No comments:

Post a Comment