March 13, 2016

21/22 week bump-date

I suppose third baby equals much less documentation. I truly don't mean for my blog and third-baby-documentation to be so poor and lackluster, but life has been so busy, and boring, it has just happened! And I suppose that is precisely why the baby of the family gets lost in the shuffle. Plus, I am struggling with the fact that I am more than half-way thru this pregnancy!

A couple weeks ago I had my 20-week "big" ultrasound to look at the baby's growth and anatomy. It took a sweet forever and the tech took a million-and-three pictures of every part of the baby, but I haven't been contacted by the high-risk OB who looks over the ultrasound so I guess all looked good! No news is good news! :)  She did note that I had a contraction during the ultrasound, and I told her I actually had several. But they were the Braxton-hicks kind so she wasn't too worried. I have actually been having the BH contractions since the first trimester, and have polled other multiple-pregnancy-mommas and apparently this is quite common. She did say that baby is head-down, and very head down. And my placenta is very close to the cervical opening so they are gonna have to watch me a little closer as we near delivery to decide if I will have to have a C-section or if I can VBAC again. I am not too torn up about this, what will be will be.

The tech couldn't get many pictures because the baby was crazy-active. And I guess we weren't there to get great pics but to make sure baby was healthy! So I left with a few in hand, but they are very similar to the ones I got at my 16-week ultrasound.

Baby looking at You! (kinda creepy)
 Sweet profile with a hand over its head.
  A little foot!


At 20-weeks:
  • weight gain: 9 lbs
  • nausea: still present at night (though even that is improving, now that I am nearly 22 weeks)
  • this baby feels like the most active of the three and will actually wake me up with the movement and kicks (the ultrasound tech said I am feeling more movement because of the posterior positioning of the placenta)
  • I have the most atrocious and throbbing varicose veins all the way down my left leg. Keagan saw it last night and flipped out! It is U.G.L.Y.
  • I have sciatic nerve pain, alternates between sides. This is new, never had this with the others.
  • cravings: sleep! apple juice, fruit, Wendy's BBQ Ranch chicken salad, Caprese salad
  • aversions: plain water, Mexican food
We have done very little in the way of planning/prepping for this baby. We don't really have names picked out, though we are close. I have bought a swing from a friend, and a onesie and a cute pair of baby moccasins. Gender neutral, of course. The boys are unbelievably loving to my growing belly, wanting to kiss it at night, laying on it, and pretending that they can feel the kicks. I think Keagan did feel it kicking the other day, he is much more patient than Finley. 

I had Josh take some pics of the bump a couple days ago, right between 21 and 22 weeks. The boys saw what was going on and immediately jumped into the picture. Why not? Impromptu photo shoot! It thrills me how excited they are about what's about to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment