November 9, 2015

Trunk-Or-Treat

The same night as the preschool Halloween party our church had their annual trunk-or-treat and chili supper. While Finley had a costume change to The Incredible Hulk, Keagan remained as Iron Man. Finn ran around saying "Don't make me angry! Grrr!" This was my favorite costume of his (vs. superman) but it bugged him...it went up his bottom (it is a 3T-4T size! but he was about to pull a "hulk" and bust out of it), and it scratched his neck, and the paint wore off his face, and he didn't like the hair. I heard about it allll evening! Before we headed to church I snapped some pics of the boys outside and then with their pumpkins Josh and I carved.

Oh yeah. Speaking of pumpkins. I almost forgot. Our week nights have been so incredibly busy that time nearly got away from us, and before we knew it we had nearly forgotten to carve pumpkins. The boys had been looking forward to this for a couple weeks, so we couldn't just "forget it." So Josh found some templates on the internet and as a family we got to carving. The boys lasted, um, all of 10 minutes. So Josh and I were left to finish off our masterpieces alone, and as quick as possible. I will say for a speed-carving they turned out pretty darn good. We kinda set the bar high this year...last year were traditional pumpkins. Maybe the boys will forget how cool these were!

My Avengers Super Heroes! Pretty much the best looking superheroes on the planet. Oh and the newest addition to Keagan's costume was a pair of Iron Man gloves. His costume was supposed to come with them, it said so on the package. And wouldn't you know it didn't come with them, but we didn't learn about this until the boys were in bed the night before our shenanigans.  So it was too late to do anything for the school party and he was pretty distraught, but I promised Keagan we would look at Wal-Mart. Amazingly they had just the gloves in the costume department! Score!!!

All afternoon they were chanting, "We. Are. Superheroes! We. Will. Protect. The Earth!"

Pumpkins and costumes go together!

Church Chili supper and trunk-or-treat! The costumes were breaking down long before we even started the trunk-or-treat parade!!
 

1 comment:

  1. Two costumes?!?!? That's awesome. Grey's superhero costume was doing the same ride up maneuver you described. I was like: "noted...next year buy bigger". Ha! I love the second picture close up of Finn...oh my word. Sweet, sweet superheroes and a super fun halloween y'all gave them. LOVE the pumpkins.

    ReplyDelete