As I alluded in the first post, Day 2 started ULTRA early with Finley waking up at 430. Luckily he came into our bed and he fell back to sleep after a bit. Both he and Keagan slept 'til after 7. Amazing! We will take it, even with the emotional roller coaster of thinking I would be up from 430 on. Unfortunately, the boys were up at their normal 630ish time every morning there-after, but that's OK. Someday they will "get it."
We ate breakfast in the condo every morning then sunblocked-up, donned our suits, and loaded up to establish our little slice of beach paradise for the day. Keagan was ecstatic to get to wear his Thomas the Train swim shorts. I never thought I would be cool with letting my kids wear their favorite character, but it just cannot be stopped. Especially when you see how happy it makes them!
Here is a gorgeous view of our pools and the beach right after the umbrellas were taken down. I could sit and stare at this forever.
On our way to Dewey Destin's. Oh. My. Gosh. Their food was phenomenal. We've been there several other times, but they really got it right this time. And the boys loved it and the view was perfect. After supper we walked along the docks in the marina and Keagan was most interested in the fishing boats everywhere. We walked by a gas pump and our jaws dropped at how much someone spent to fill up their boat. It's painful! I took a picture to share because it just seemed unbelievable to me.
After supper we decided to take the boys for a walk out on the beach in the dark. When Josh and I would sit out on the balcony after the boys were in bed we would see people with flashlights walking the beach, stopping and looking at things. It made us curious to what they were looking at and we thought Keagan would enjoy it. We didn't see a whole lot, but it was still pretty neat. And something to say we did.






No comments:
Post a Comment