True Story.
This time last year three women, three friends, found out that they were expecting. As reality set in for the three women, they learned that they were all due the first week of August...in fact within two days of each other. Weeks passed, nausea improved, weight piled on...and then all three women learned they were having BOYS!
Me, Lindsy, and Abby had more in common than ever now. But as fun as it was to compare stories and share updates and doctor's appointments, we all looked forward to who would go first and how would it go. As the end neared, our text messages became more and every time I got a call from Lindsy I would answer with "Is it happening???" (which I know she didn't appreciate because I figured she would go first...but she went two weeks after me and Abby..)
During pregnancy one thing we all discussed was getting the boys together as soon as possible before they were all too big. At first, after Finn was born, I couldn't imagine how this would happen. It was overwhelming enough going to Walmart with the boys let alone a trip away from home! But then the opportunity fell into our laps...the dates lined out perfectly, and we could all three families make it happen! Lindsy booked a cabin for us in Pigeon Forge and we met there this past weekend. It was crazy wonderful fun! Six adults and seven kids aged 5 and under (three infants!) all in one cabin...scared? I will be honest...I was! But the kids were fantastic, the babies were great, and the adults even got a teensy bit of grown-up time in the hot tub after the kids went to bed. We even stayed up until midnight!! (GASP!) It was like a hot tub time machine (yes, that is a -very stupid- movie...) and we reminisced about life before kids. The best part was meeting each family's newest addition. And despite their very young age, I think the boys loved it too!!
Here are pics to show you what our weekend pretty much consisted of:
Keagan has a major crush on Kennedy. She, being the mature older woman, could care less about him. But he was putting the moves on her! ;)
Our non-sibling triplet boys! In left-to-right order of appearance into the world: Cayden Burns, Finley Owens (who spit up just after putting his outfit on), and Greyson Taylor.
Poor Grey couldn't handle much more so he went to eat...Cayden and Finn hung out a little longer...
Fantastic view from our front porch...doesn't get much better than this!
The kids LOVED playing on the wrap-around porch...The Whole Crew!
Taylor Family
Burns Family
Owens Family
The girls and their newest little loves...Abby and Cayden, me and Finn, Lindsy and Greyson
Girls, I cannot wait until next year when we do this again!!! It was a blast and it truly excites me to think of these little boys growing up together. Imagine it! Our big kids played so well together and they are all different ages...just imagine how much fun these little boys will have! We may be in for it! ;)










Such a great weekend and fun times! Can't wait for the next time!
ReplyDeleteSo cute - it was SOOOO much fun! I'm excited to do it again too - the time is flying so I'm sure it'll be here before we know it. I gotta get some of these candids from you because they are so good. Thanks for being our weekend photog - you really captured some sweet stuff sister! Love you!
ReplyDeleteSo much fun!! I can't wait for our next trip:) Love you girls!
ReplyDeleteThat is just awesome!!! What a great trip -- and what great friends. :)
ReplyDelete