...for a little boy, Keagan's age, who is from our town and is suffering greatly right now. I don't know the family, and I have never met Patrick. But our Sunday school class began praying for him a few weeks back, and I stumbled upon his parent's Facebook prayer page and have been praying for him ever since. I know the power of prayer. I also know that God hears us, and therefore Sweet Patrick cannot have too many "Prayer Warriors" talking to God on his behalf. If you are interested in joining the Facebook page, or learning more about this family, here it is: https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/341734999207183/ . They have this page specifically to pray for Patrick, and they update it with his condition often. It has touched people nationwide.
From what I have gathered, Patrick was a lively little boy just a couple of months ago. He apparently began sleeping more and more, which was unlike him. The family are related to a local doctor in our town and they took Patrick to him because of this and also because of a fall off the couch Patrick had a couple weeks before, thinking it was a concussion. It turned out to be a very aggressive brain tumor. Patrick is in Vanderbilt receiving around-the-clock care, and his little body has just now become "healthy" enough to finally receive the chemo. He has had so many struggles already in his short life.
When I see the pictures of Patrick, I can't help but see my own Keagan. I want to hold and snuggle Patrick as if he were my own child. I cannot imagine what his parents (and 3 older siblings) are going through right now. But I have to say that the strength his family is exhibiting in their faith in God is amazing and redeeming, considering what they are going through. I have felt compelled to share this story for two reasons: 1) never take your family and children for granted. Hug them, spend time with them, cherish every moment. For we are not promised tomorrow. 2) Watching the faith this family has in God, despite the desperate situation they are in, has compelled me to have more faith. And it has also compelled me to ask that you all join me in prayer for this sweet little Patrick.
Dear Lord, please lay your healing hands on this child, Patrick. Provide his medical team knowledge, compassion, and faith in you, our Heavenly physician. Provide his parents with strength to continue their prayers and faith, parenting of their 3 other children, and vigilance as they stand over their baby, despite the sleepless nights and the unknown. Provide peace and solace to all who grace Patrick's room, so that they may recognize your awesome presence. Please shower this family and this baby with your blessings and healing. In Jesus' name I pray this. Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment