Last week Josh and I traveled to Jamaica for our second Babymoon before Finley makes his grand appearance this summer. Keagan stayed with his Gama and Poppy for a week, and apparently they all had a fantastic time! Josh and I had a wonderful time as well, but there will most likely not be a Babymoon #3. This has nothing to do with the number of children we have, but more to do with how hard it was to leave Keagan for so long!!! We missed him terribly. This wasn't our first time leaving Keagan, but it was the longest and we were out of the country. And after two days, I was craving his little body and his smell, his laughter and his smiles, and just wanted to snuggle him more than anything. The vacation was a nice break from reality, but I definitely want my child(ren) to be a part of our break from reality next time. Luckily, we used Facetime on the iPads to talk to each other daily, so I did get to see him.
OK, enough sad story. Here are the pics from our vacation! And, yep, I "rocked" the bikini every day except the last one (when my belly needed a break from the sun). Okay, so I didn't rock any swimsuits, let alone my bikinis. But, I embraced my ever-growing belly for a week and let it all hang out, literally. I drew a lot of stares, and I am sure a lot of talk, but whatever. :) It was kind of fun to not care. And, trust me, there were plenty of women out there in string bikinis who looked worse than me...as Josh likes to say they were a deuce, deuce-and-a-half. If you don't get it, don't worry.
We ate like kings and slept a lot. We were in bed by 10-1030 most nights and up around 730. It was fantastic! We did a lot of beach-laying, but did manage to get some snorkeling in and Josh water skied. It rained every day but we only had one "wash" of a day...and on this particular day I decided to fall down a half a flight of stairs, wet from the rain. In my bikini. Grace, right here. I managed to walk away from it...okay, hobble away from it. It hurt bad, but I wasn't hurt bad, aside from some gnarly bruises on my arm where it got caught in the railing on my way down, and my butt and back. My butt is the worse, and is still a pretty awesome bruise, and still somewhat uncomfortable to sit on at times. But I felt very fortunate to not have a broken arm or tailbone, or have hurt the baby, in a foreign and medically-lacking country. I am sure I am not the first person to do this...probably just the only sober one! ;)
View from our room out onto the beach-front balcony, and views from the balcony.
***Warning***Warning***Warning***
Potentially retina-damaging pictures ahead!!
When I looked down at my belly, I laughed because I seriously looked naked. Trust me, there are swimsuit bottoms there...
One of the tiki bars we "camped out" right next to it every day. Not so much for the drinks, but for the reggae music. Bob Marley=total relaxation
Our room is the top one on the end.
Green flag service on the beach! And a smiling Navinia who delivered "surprise" non-alcoholic drinks to me! She also brought fruit-on-a-stick around every morning. Can we say spoiled? :)
One of our favorite restaurants at the resort...we loved the food and the open-air feel of it. Check out breakfast: banana-stuffed French toast, bacon, smoothie, fresh fruit.
Josh water skiing - he got up on the second try after having not water skied in 12-15 years!!
Beach vendor (one of many)...they walk up and down the beach all.day.long.
A storm's a-brewing. And we stayed on the beach and waited it out. It was pretty fun to watch.
Almost 27 Weeks!
The resort has photographers that walk around and take pictures of the couples throughout the day, from the beach to dinner to sunset pictures. One of the photographers wanted to do a photoshoot of me with my baby bump in my bikini. I had a good time with it, but only purchased one of the pics for two reasons: 1) I looked insanely fat and didn't want to pay for pics of me like that! and 2) Josh was in the only ones of me that I liked, and he didn't like the way he looked... BUT, we did do some sunset shots one night and I purchased several of these! I thought they turned out great :)
The End. (finally, right?!)
Some blog posts to look forward to: March of Dimes walk was a huge success! My "baby" is a baby no-more. Home renovations as we prepare for baby #2.
I'm glad the slip and fall didn't injure you too...could have been WAY worse!
ReplyDeleteLove all the pics - looks gorgeous. The sunset pictures are really pretty. So glad y'all had fun but selfishly glad y'all are back - you wouldn't believe how many times I wanted to call while you were away only to remember I couldn't ;-(. Looking forward to your next posts!
LOVE IT!!! It looks like you had a great time and I love all the photos!
ReplyDeleteLooks like an amazing time!!!
ReplyDelete