December 17, 2011

Jolly Ol' Saint Nick

This morning our local Dairy Queen was hosting a Breakfast with Santa Clause so I decided that this Santa was probably much better than the Santa at the mall in Paducah.  Less people (waaaaay less people), shorter drive, food.  And if it didn't turn out well, I wouldn't have invested too much into it!  You see, Paducah is miserable this time of year.  The thought of going up there just to see Keagan's reaction to Santa makes my skin crawl.  The thought of going up there this time of year, period, makes my skin crawl.  So when I heard about Santa being in town, I was all about it.  Off we went to DQ to see Santa.  I had been prepping Keagan all morning that we were gonna go see Santa Clause, in hopes of avoiding a major public meltdown when he actually laid eyes on the old dude in red.  Josh didn't go with us (he was duck hunting) so the thought of dealing with a major meltdown alone freaked me out just a little! Pathetic, I know. 

Well. Keagan was perfect. No crying, no fussing at all. He bravely sat on Santa's lap, looked at his beard, looked around, then looked back at Santa and talked to him! It was so sweet. Of course, Mr. Serious is my child's other name, so we didn't get any smiles. But at least we didn't have the anticipated scream-fest!!




I don't know why I expected anything less.  He was quite the champ last year, too...remember?  http://teamowens3.blogspot.com/2010/12/santa-clause-is-coming-to-town.html
and http://teamowens3.blogspot.com/2010/12/christmas-carol.html

 
One week 'til Christmas.  Are you ready?  I am not. 

4 comments:

  1. He's such a cutie with that serious gaze. And by the way, I LOVE Keagan's socks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHAHA!! YAY!! I am so glad you noticed his socks! :) I am proud of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love his cute "little man" outfit:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't beat a DQ Santa: ha! Cute pics!

    ReplyDelete