I don't know if it is because I am still recovering, or maybe in denial about all of our presents, or if I am just being realistic about the fact that I have no clue where to put it all! Ok, I say "our" presents. But let's be honest: I mean Keagan's presents! It was, in fact, his Christmas. And I wouldn't have had it any other way. Except maybe for him to have had a litttttttttle more interest in opening his presents. Ours is the child who opens a couple presents and then is perfectly content to play with those toys. Who cares what's in the other wrapped boxes. Out of sight, out of mind. It turned out that mommy opened most of the presents, which made me feel kinda silly. But when I tried to "force" Keagan to open a present (sounds weird, doesn't it!?) he would get upset and start squealing and whining. So in an effort to "save" Christmas from a melt-down, Keagan wasn't forced to open presents.
Regardless, the Owens family had a nice and relaxing Christmas. It was Josh's parents' "turn" this year and they offered to come down to our house for Christmas because they wanted to save us the trip of hauling a ton of presents home. Thank you!!!! However, I am now wondering if they knew something we didn't...and didn't want to worry about cleaning up afterwards! Hahaha, I am just kidding :) Even if we went there, we'd still be faced with the dilemma of finding a home for each and every toy. So, they came here and so did Josh's brother Clay and Clay's wife Jenny. I am glad they chose to celebrate their first Christmas as a married couple with us. It really was a fantastic Christmas and watching Keagan's eyes light up with the vast amount of presents was pretty special. Having the family here made it all that much better for him, he had so many people to play with!
Here are pics of the Christmas Season, because I am bound and determined to make only one Christmas posting and I have failed at getting these up in a timely manner.
Keagan had an Advent calendar...and he thought he could help himself to it anytime he wanted. When we told him that he could get a treat out of the calendar he would get so so excited!!! I am so glad he enjoyed this tradition, because it is one of my favorites!
Present exchange with buddy, EJ. I don't think they really got it, though! They opened their gifts, but then each wanted to play with what they gave rather than what they got! Funny kids!
And finally, Christmas morning. The amount of presents was overwhelming to me, I can only imagine being a little guy. Well, his face said it all when he rounded the corner and came into the living room. He was overwhelmed! And only wanted to hold his mommy! But he eventually got into it...(his facial expressions crack me up!! this kid has so much personality!)
And the aftermath....yikes!
Even if you are still cleaning up, like we are, I hope you had a wonderful Christmas! We did! And now it is time for 2012. WOW.
Holy toys Batman...good thing you've got room for it all. He looked so Josh'ish in his "reactions"...kinda like..."sweet". So funny. Can't wait to catch up and get more details.
ReplyDeleteOk. I have to know where your advent calendar is from? It is the closest thing to the one my grandma made me that I have ever seen...
ReplyDeleteI haven't cleaned up either! And our house was already messy from the "omg we have a newborn so somehow I find dirty clothes on the kitchen floor and in bathroom drawers and geez why are their so many tissues and bottle parts all over the house?" lifestyle we are living right now. Add christmas gifts to the mix plus trying to undecorate from Christmas and its quite a mess :)
ReplyDeleteAbby, I got it at PBK a while back. But I think they still carry it, or something like it. I love it. Keagan loves it too!! Glad you like it!!
ReplyDelete