December 10, 2010

A Christmas Carol

It is good to be children sometimes, and never better than at Christmas when its mighty Founder was a child Himself. ~Charles Dickens


Benton is a v.e.r.y. small town.  We do have a Wal-Mart, but that's about it as far as chain-stores go.  At first, I wasn't thrilled about living in such a small town, but I was reminded tonight just how very lucky I am to live in such a small community.  The city of Benton has many delightful events, mostly centered around the downtown square.  At Christmas time, they have a "Dickens Christmas" where townspeople dress up in the era of Dickens' "A Christmas Carol" and hand turn downtown Benton into an old-tyme Christmas.  This year Keagan and I bundled up and went back in time!  It was very neat, there was even a live nativity and Santa Clause!  The best part was running into friends and enjoying a Christmas-y evening with hot cocoa, kids, and fun conversation.  Unfortunately my camera was misbehaving so I didn't get any good pics (don't worry folks, it is back up and running!).  Luckily, my friend Christy has an i-phone with a flash camera so she was my photographer for the night.  (Thanks, girl!!!)
 Meeting Santa Clause for the first time!  Keagan was a good boy: he smiled up at him and they stared at each other.  Pretty sure Keagan is on Santa's "Good" list!

The live nativity had live animals!  At first Keagan was very interested in watching the horse!

 Sleepy boy...guess this is what happens when snuggled up next to mommy!

A couple nights ago, Christy and her son Quinn watched Keagan for me so I could go with Tassie and Stacey to see the  "Legally Blonde" musical.  It was my first girl's night out and I really enjoyed myself!  It looks like Quinn and Keagan had fun, too!  Christy sent me this picture, I thought it was sweet to I had to post it!


Bah Humbug!  (but not really.)

1 comment:

  1. That looks like fun! Glad you could end your week with a holiday celebration. Christy....have I met her? Awesome of her to let you get out with some girlfriends. I'm glad we finally get to see the hair cut! It's cute.

    Oh my...his cheeks...their just the gift that keeps giving. Ha.

    ReplyDelete