June 6, 2011

I LOVE SUMMER!

OK, So it isn't quite Summer by official date standards.  But you truly wouldn't know it by temperature standards:  it has been in the mid-to-high 90s for over a week now.  Hot. Hot. Hot.  I kinda missed the fun of summer last year with being pregnant during the first part and then having a newborn during the second part.  So I am doubly excited about this summer, make that triply (is that a word?) excited now that I have a little guy to enjoy it with!

Yes, the temps are high here.  But there are lots of ways to cool off when it is toasty-roasty outside!  We found two of them yesterday: the pool and an ice cream cone.  Could life get any sweeter?

Stacey and Jarrett joined the Calvert City country club pool and we were their guests yesterday.  Keagan truly enjoyed himself in the water, except when he got big mouthfuls of it!  He loved to splash and kick in the water and would "swim" to Stacey and Jarrett...but this typically ended in that dreaded mouthful of water and crying.  Luckily the cries were quickly remedied with splash-splashing and replaced by squeals and laughter.  Of course, I have no pictures of him actually swimming--difficult to bring the camera and baby into the water! :)   (p.s. he has swimming lessons in a couple weeks so hopefully his "swimming" will improve!)
Adorable shark towel from Grandma!

I have established Keagan's love of ice cream in previous blog postings.  But I don't know if you have ever seen it documented in pictures!  Yesterday he actually had his first ice cream CONE.  I don't know if he knew what to do with it!  AND he had full-on access to the yummy cold stuff; I don't think he knew how to handle this either!  But, like his mommy, he thoroughly enjoyed himself!  Boy-oh-boy what a mess!  Definitely a shirt-off-outside-only-bathtime-after kinda treat!!  But how could you deny this face?  
 Ice cream makes me happy too, buddy!   
 And then it hurts my teeth when I take too big-a-bite.  I totally feel ya!!
But, son, you will eventually learn that an ice cream cone will melt when placed underneath your leg!  (Thank goodness Mommy was around to rescue the poor cone)

 And the fun has only just begun!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment