June 12, 2011

I Don't Wanna Grow Up

OK, so I have already grown up.  But I don't want my kiddo to grow up!  It is happening at lightening speed.  We have not been the kind of parents who have pushed Keagan to the next milestone too quickly, partly because we feel he will do everything in his own time, and partly because we are in denial at how quickly time is flying and we want to keep him a "baby" as long as possible.  However, we have finally reached the point where Keagan has truly out-grown his infant "pumpkin" seat.  The infant seat CLAIMS it can hold an infant up to 30 pounds.  Keagan is nearly 23 lbs.  He is BUSTING the seams out of the infant carrier!  I honestly don't know how he could be in it much longer.  So, we shelled out a pretty penny for a convertible car seat.  I think he is pretty happy with it, too. 

We sing "Old MacDonald had a farm.  E I E I OOO.  And on that farm, he had a....
 ...CAR SEAT!! E I E I OOO.  With a MOO MOO here, and a MOO MOO there...Here a MOO, there a MOO...Everywhere a MOO MOO!" 

Oscar and Keagan have become pretty good buddies over the past year.  So, long as Oscar can get away in a hurry he is happy to be around Keagan and receiving Keagan's pat-pat-pats (which are more like hits, but whatever.).  When Keagan wakes up from his nap Oscar is the first one to the door, waiting to go in.  It has become a little game between the dog and the baby and it is hilarious to watch!  I tried to take some pics, but it looks like Keagan is just in jail!  (OH, and I am certain you are wondering about the blankets duck-taped to the crib rail.  Well, these are my ghetto way of protecting the crib from Beaver-Keagan.  He has a new found addiction to crib wood.) 
Oscar looked like he wanted to get in the bed and play with Keagan.  So I obliged him!
Keagan is THRILLED!! 
Pat Pat Pat!  Poor Oscar, I don't think he liked the idea afterall.  (Trust me, no animals were harmed during this photo-op)
MOM!!!!!!!!!!!!  HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!

The End.

5 comments:

  1. So funny. Oh Oscar....you need Aunt Lindsy. Love the new car seat. Funny that you and Abby are both blogging @ that transition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I love Oscar:) Yay for a new car seat. The bad part we found is that their little heads fall forward when they fall asleep. But at least they can stretch out. And seriously. Even if he could fit in the carrier car seat, could you lift it? I was having trouble and Adalyn is only 15 lbs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Abby! Well, I was lifting him, but it was NOT easy and I was feeling it in my back big time! Have you tried reclining the seat? Keagan's is reclined all the way and his head doesn't fall forward in it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! I have a feeling Scooter will end up in our baby's bed. Oscar looks a little petrified in that second to last picture :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha! Rebecca, I think he was..he has that look a LOT now that Keagan is more mobile. Poor dog! He's a good ol'boy though! Congrats on your baby!

    ReplyDelete