June 30, 2011

Keagan has a New 'Do!

Keagan has his first haircut last Friday.  He was one year, two days old.  It was the quickest I could get him into my hair dresser!  Poor little dude.  He had pippi-longstocking hair.  Some called it a mullet.  Others called him a pretty little girl (to joke and for-real.  Yes.  People said I had a beautiful little girl despite all the blue he wore).  Still others said I needed to cut his hair to make him cuter.  REALLY?!  How could he get much cuter??  It would hurt me if he got much cuter.

Well, the haircut made him cuter.  I am hurt.  But I couldn't cut his hair before a year old.  I just couldn't part with the randomly-scattered-about-his-head newborn locks.  But then I got tired of them, and tucking them behind his ear.  I felt like the boy needed a head band.  If a boy needs a clippy, something is wrong. 

So, we got his hair cut.  And he didn't mind one bit:
 First snip.  I get the feeling Keagan isn't going to miss his hair! 
"Ohhhh.  That feels goooooood"  Who doesn't love having their hair played with??
Introducing:  MAGIC!  Keagan's started to get restless, so we gave him a sucker.  He was in heaven from then on (until we took it away! that was the only time he cried) 
Finished Product:  So Handsome!!  He looks like a little man now! 

The day after his haircut, he started putting his hands through his hair (he never did this before) as if his head felt lighter.  It cracked me up.  I love that feeling too, buddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment