May 15, 2011

When the Cat's Away...

Mommy and Daddy will play!

This past Thursday and Friday nights, Keagan had a sleep-over with his Gama and Poppy!  I don't know how to explain the emotions I felt turning my baby over to someone else, but after we drove away I was quite sad.  I haven't really been away from him for two solid nights, except when he was first born and transferred to the NICU.

Josh and I went to Nashville for one night, and by the time we got settled into our room (which actually was a suite!  we got lucky on that one), I was feeling good, even confident about having an adult evening!  We had a great time:  went to Ruth's Chris for dinner and then out on the town for drinks and fun.  We went to bed at a decent time and "slept in" and then roamed about Nashville.  We hit up some fun places:  the Parthenon, Gigi's cupcakes, Green Hills mall, Trader Joe's, Bass Pro, Baja Burrito for lunch...just a really nice time and a "rekindling" of sorts for us.  We were a couple again-not just mommy and daddy.
Here are the ones we got, after MUCH consideration and thought.  Clockwise from top left: Wedding Cake, Margarita, Strawberry Shortcake, Peanut Butter Cup. 
All our loot from Trader Joe's.  This is a really neat store...wish we had one closer!  Their food is made with natural ingredients and lots of organic ingredients.

And I do believe Keagan had himself a big time with his grandparents.  Not sure who had more fun, Gama and Poppy or Keagan!  Keagan got to ride with Poppy in a track-hoe, visit with Great Granny, play with random stuff and Gama's home, take a bath like a big boy, and hang out with poppy....

1 comment: