This Thanksgiving, Josh and I drove down to Texas to see my family. It is my brother's Freshman year at Texas A&M and he is in the Corps of Cadets. They do marching and yelling at the football games (I know this is simplistic, Wes, but bear with me as I am an idiot with it all). Our first stop was at the Texas A&M campus to see Wesley "step out" and then get harrassed by upper classmen, then march onto the footbal field for the Texas A&M vs University of Texas game. This is a huge rivalry game and we were very fortunate to get tickets. We met my mom and sister, and my Aunt Angie and cousin Hunter. We had seats in the nosebleed section, but honestly they weren't bad! The only problem I had was not knowing a darn thing about football! So I was slightly bored with the game. Thanksgiving dinner was delicious! Mom cooked a traditional dinner with all the works and I ate it up like it was my last meal! It was such a nice visit, the only thing that would make it complete was having Dad there. Luckily he will be home from Iraq around December 10th. While I won't see him at Christmas, it comforts my heart to know he'll be home with family. Until the next post, here are pics from the Turkey Day Weekend:
Really don't know what to say about the above pic: someone brought mustaches and told me to put it on. So I did. This doesn't mean that if they all jumped off a cliff I would follow, but this seemed harmless!

More pics to come once I get them from Mom...

Cool. Your brother - oh my goodness. I know you were so proud!
ReplyDelete