December 9, 2009

O! Christmas Tree!

I Love Christmas!!!!  But I really love all holidays, so I wait until the Thanksgiving holiday is over-and-done before I put up ANY Christmas decor.  It is a pet-peave of mine that Wal-Mart and other stores begin their holiday displays four months early, it makes us wish away our year.  Why can't we just enjoy the seasons and holidays as they appear, enjoy them fully rather than being tired of them a month before their arrival?!  Anyway, I will step off my blog soap box now. 

Ahem.  I LOVE CHRISTMAS.  We decided this year to invest in a new Christmas tree since the one we've had for years was a free hand-me-down that had a few bald spots on it!  Plus I am getting lazy in my old age (hehe) and wanted a pre-lit one, at the insistance of my mom and several friends.  So, we went looking for the perfect, last-us-10-years, tree.  Of course, Josh and I had differing ideas on the perfect tree.  I wanted a slim, trim, 7-8 footer to put in our dining room.  Josh wanted a 12-15 footer (he would cut a hole in the roof if he could!), to put somewhere in our living room.  I was sceptical on this as we really don't have room in the living room.  We really don't have room anywhere! 

Long story short:  Josh won.  Well, the tree won me over really. It was beautiful, tall, enchanting in the store, and everything I felt like a Christmas tree should be.  The price was also not too bad (about the same as the 7.5-footer I had looked at).  Josh was in love, almost as in love as he is with the hunting channel.  It was quite strange, but I love that look in his eyes and I only see it with guns and hunting!  Ha!  So we bought the 12-footer.  So easy to set up at home, too...the hardest part was decorating past the 7 foot point!!  I'm tall, but my Go-Go-Gadget arms don't reach to twelve feet (that's for you, Linds). 

Final product below, and a bonus of Oscar and me!  He likes Christmas, too.


4 comments:

  1. Oh my great goodness at that tree! Are you kidding me? That would take way too much effort for a shorty like me. Did you have to purchase new ornaments? Holy Moly - it's gorgeous though - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No new ornaments, really, just didn't decorate the back of the tree! Hahaha, don't look behind it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty! OMW! That is a huge tree!! It looks so pretty tho:) Shopping for a tree can be stressful because you really don't know what it will look like when you get it home etc. Looks like you did well tho:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, that tree is gargantuan! But it's definitely workin it's height, and it's completely lovely. My parents have yet to let me put ours up yet, and I'm getting pretty irked, lol.

    ReplyDelete