November 8, 2009
A Fine Fall Day
October of 2009 has been one of the wettest months on record here in Kentucky. This has really put a damper (hahaha) on harvesting the crops. Now, I am no farmer and I know nothing about the profession, but I do know that when the ground is saturated and/or flooded it is nearly impossible for farmers to do their job. Just as soon as the month changed to November, the rains stopped and the farmers could get back to their crops. On November 1st, Josh drove me out to Hickman, KY, to see the farmers hard at work, rushing to clear the fields. It was quite a sight to see: nearly every field was adorned with farm equipment. The crop of choice this year: soybeans. The water you see in the pictures is due to flooding, and is not a river or lake.




Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment