May 4, 2009

The Many Faces of our Dining Room

Finally, the dining room is finished! This room has been a thorn in my side since I began the project of repainting the house. The main reason for all the difficulties is it is a focal point of the downstairs and it has no defined stopping points (i.e. it shares a wall with the entry way and is very open to the living room/kitchen/etc). Josh wanted the dining room to be very bold (red) but I thought this might be too much given the above info. So, I will let the pics speak for themselves as they go from start to (sigh) finish! PHEW! (all colors by Benjamin Moore)

The Original Paint
Phase 1: Silver Fox paint-finally getting rid of metallic texture!
Phase 2: Adding the "Bold"- Smoked Oyster stripes
We tried to like this stripe, but all we could think of was Joker Pants--they looked too purple!

Phase 3: No more purple! New stripe in Eclipse--MUCH better!

Phase 4: Chair Rail

Phase 5: White below Chair Rail
I didn't like this either, looked too chincy/cheap/bright--ugh, get the paint back out!
Phase 6: Ahh-much better, Silver Fox below chair rail

The Finished Product:

Now, we just need to find the perfect dining room furniture! HA this will be the true task as I haven't found ANYTHING that I like!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment