Oh well. Here is a picture of my husband and his kill:
April 25, 2009
A Funny
As you all may know, my wonderful and providing husband is an avid hunter and fisher. He has recently been spending his days off enjoying these hobbies rather than working overtime (he DOES have a life, guys!). Last week he killed his first turkey and was oh-so-proud of himself. I was excited for him, too, even though I am borderline PETA advocate (ha!) b/c he rarely gets that excited over things and I enjoy seeing him happy. Soooo, being the good wife that I am, I got all into the new "food" that he has been bringing home. On Sunday night he made us some delicious baked fish (crappie) that he caught a few days earlier. It was so good that on Monday I was game to try fried turkey. As I was taking my second bite of turkey tenders, I look over to Josh's plate and see to my disgust: A FEATHER. Yep. A black turkey feather was on his plate. Ugh-gross. That pretty much did me in and I can totally see why people become vegetarians! I may be close. Josh's argument: chicken that you buy from the store has feathers in it. Those birds are just white so that you don't see the feathers when you are cooking!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment