As many of you know, Josh and I LOVE to work in our yard. We became fond of this in our little yard in Lexington and this has carried over to our new home. Ever since we have moved into our new house, the yard/landscape has been a source of stress for me. It had so many elements that I really did not like along with a massive overgrowth of weeds, and I was anxious for spring to arrive so that I could change some of this and add my own flair to it! Of course, I have been given a few guidelines regarding my new landscape: 1)I am not allowed to plant more bulbs/flowers than space allows, 2) it shall not resemble a jungle when I am finished, and 3) we don't have to beautify it all in one shot.
With these rules in mind, I set out to create the landscape of my dreams (at least, those in 2009). I knew that I had to have two bushes: hydrangeas and azaleas, and I wanted to plant some summer bulbs. Otherwise, the rest centered around cleaning it up and getting the unwanted bushes out. We still have the back and the landscape around the mailbox to work on (BUT, remember rule #3). Here are the pics from this massive (and not even complete...) project:
BEFORE:
AFTER:
Some beautiful springtime tulips that popped up this year! (I Love Surprises!)
Thank God it has a cupholder...
lookin' good. come on over to my house when you're done and do some beautifying to my landscape = )
ReplyDeleteLooks great!!!! Hope you are loving your new home. :)
ReplyDelete