August 10, 2023

We have a teenager! Happy 13th Birthday Keags!

How did we get here? I have a teenager now...it doesn't seem possible. It isn't right. My firstborn teeny weeny baby is now a TEEN. While we do have a lot of typical teen moments, this kid is AWESOME. He is a sensitive and smart young man, he loves his family deeply, he is actively learning to trust Jesus, he is fun to watch on the soccer field, and he is funny and enjoyable to be around. (most of the time...) Keagan has learned the value of solid, Christian friends and Josh and I adore the boys that he hangs out with. We pray that their friendship remains because so far they are good a good group. Show me your friends, and I will show you your future...

For Keag's birthday I offered multiple options for a party. He unwaveringly chose a "spend the night" and movie with his buddies. One of his best friends was on vacation so he could not be there, but luckily Thatcher and Levi were able to join us!



Homemade Cookie Cake for my boy!


He chose Culver's for supper! These boys can put away some food! But oh so thankful throughout. 


Playtime at the arcade while waiting for the movie to start











The boys went with Josh to see a Spiderman movie (they can't smile for nothing!)

The girls went to see the Little Mermaid with me!




I've never taken my girls to a movie by myself before...we had a great time and the movie was so good!

Back home from the movies we did cake and...pushups! Yes, pushups...



Maclyn made her brother a card...it was cute. Keag may or may not have been embarrassed.






I wasn't kidding about pushups...



too much movie and partying for this little girl...

Opening a present while at the cabin the weekend of his actual birthday


I have a hard time getting this child to smile a real smile...so I told Josh I would tickle him, and he would smile for a picture! only kind of worked...


I adore his real smile!

sleepy morning...actually 13 now and so he can use his birthday plate for his birthday breakfast!

look how huge this child is!

Gamma and Poppy came for supper on Keagan's actual birthday



Keagan is getting taller...but he still has a bit to go til he passes his mama up!


No comments:

Post a Comment