September 6, 2022

The Wedding! (day 4)

It was finally time to travel up to Etna, California, for my cousin Riley's wedding! Unfortunately the entire area in the mountains was surrounded by wildfires so the drive up was less than picturesque as the smoke covered up the mountainous view. Including the view of Mt. Shasta. It was crazy how smokey the area was while we were there, I didn't realize how much it affected all of my senses! I actually had to take my contacts out and clean them during the wedding reception because there was such a film on them! And while the mountains would have made a gorgeous backdrop to Riley and Robbie's wedding, the fire created a different kind of wedding backdrop. But the wedding was beautiful and the kids had the best time!!

Can you see Mt. Shasta?? I had to edit the picture so you could see it better because the smoke covered it so much that you could actually barely see the mountain!

A fire helicopter!
Grandma with her great grand baby Ivy, who is named after her mother.


family lunch before the wedding














grandkids and great grandkids!





















No comments:

Post a Comment