Josh's birthday always falls right in the midst of crazy soccer season and all the excitement leading up to Halloween! I was determined to make it a fun 40th despite having sooooooo much going on! I surprised him with a few friends coming over for his actual birthday and then a Bourbon themed party and a weekend camping trip with friends! I'd like to think that he loved it all, but I've been told over the past few months that wasn't his ideal party. Ha! So he gets to plan his parties from here on out! Whether or not he had fun, the rest of us had a blast!
Also. Don't buy the mini two-tier cake from Walmart. I was told it fed 20+ people. When I picked it up it was merely the size of a large cupcake!!! And "two tier" was a misnomer. It was simply a small double layer round cake, but the top layer missing half of its form to allow it to look like a tier. Um. Nah. I wasn't about to pay $24 for this!! I took it from the bakery lady, looked at it and tried to figure how it would feed the people coming over, and walked into the school supplies section and left it there. After taking my name off the box. Then I bee-lined for the door and did the empty-handed walk-of-shame out of Walmart.
No comments:
Post a Comment