Hello 4 Months!!! On November 8th Maclyn hit the 4-month mark! This sweet little girl is growing like a weed and so is her personality. People used to ask me when I was pregnant with her if I was "trying for a girl" and I would be very offended by this, because I most certainly was not trying to have a baby girl. And now that Mac is here, people say that I "finally got my girl" and I am equally offended by this because it has the connotation that I got my way. But I won't lie, I am loving having a baby girl! The clothes, the accessories, and even her personality are so different from my boys!
This sweet little lady had her 4-month shots today. It hurt me to no end to watch her cry when that mean ol' nurse gave her those ugly shots. I just wanted to cry. Before my sweet baby girl lost her happy we got her stats:
weight: 15lbs 13 oz
height: 25 7/8 inches
She is growing great and the doctor is pleased! I could've told you she was growing well because she has been outgrowing clothes rapidly! Luckily, according to her doctor, she is about to start leveling off. I'm good with that because we have lots of adorable clothes that I want her to get lots of use out of.
Maclyn loves: her toys that make noise, clean diapers, mommy and daddy, her pacifier, her brothers, her bouncy seat that vibrates, bathtime, her soft blankets, her black and white board, her fists (to look at and suck on)
Maclyn doesn't like: bottles (yes, still), being kissed on her face (she squeezes her eyes shut), being held like a baby, bedtime (generally takes 2-4 hours), getting her nails filed (we are gonna have to work on that one)
Maclyn probably has one of the sweetest personalities. She smiles
readily, loves to chatter and coo (she sounds like a dove), and is
generally easy going. She does get mad when her bottom is dirty or when
she is hungry. Also when she is tired. But she gives good warning signs
and fusses some before all out screaming. She isn't a big fan of being
cradled or bounced either, she enjoys facing out to see what is going
on. She prefers to be held while standing up if you really want to know
the truth. She loves her pacifier and uses it to fall asleep and occasionally to chew on, but that's just about it. She still loves her brothers so, and will turn her head
as far as she can to see them then she smiles and coos at them. And the
feeling is mutual.
What are Maclyn's skills? Well, she looks pretty darn cute. She can hold her head still and without support. She smiles. She cannot roll yet, and seriously doesn't seem to care. She does do tummy time and will hang out for a good while before fussing. Maclyn sleeps through the night now and it is fantastic! She can reach for and grab toys put in front of her.
I guess being the third baby has made her really go-with-the-flow. This child has been shuffled all over for school drop-offs and pick-ups, soccer games and practices, church activities, shopping trips. She does really well with it all and is truly an easy baby. The only "issues" we have are her difficulty in taking bottles and her difficulty in going to bed in a timely manner.
This sweetheart has already brought so much joy to our family. I am saddened at how quickly the last four months have flown but I already cannot imagine life without Maclyn. She is a perfect addition to our family and we are incredibly blessed that God chose us to be her parents.
No comments:
Post a Comment