Oh. Hello Winter. I think the older I get the more "true" Winter I am experiencing. That sounds funny I know, but it seems that snow is more expected than dreamed of now that I am a grown-up. Maybe it is because as an adult I dread and hate snow. But as a kid I wished for it...and when you long for something it seems to take forever to happen. I honestly don't remember it snowing every winter when I was a kid. But I am pretty certain that as an adult I cannot remember a winter when it hasn't snowed! (Now..I know location plays a role...I haven't always lived in Kentucky...and a lot of my childhood was spent in Alabama and Texas. That may be why I don't remember snow. Anywho...)
As I am writing this post we are actually in the middle of Winter Storm Jonas...it is "blizzarding" outside. We have probably gotten about 5 inches of snow so far? Though I haven't ventured outside to measure, and the snowdrift in our backyard is probably 3 feet. But this post is from when my parents came to visit a couple weekends ago...and it snowed then too. Our first snowfall of the season. When my parents come to visit us in winter, it snows. The boys were thrilled and so was my sister! The rest of us adults were content to stay bundled up...after all it was crazy cold outside. But we bundled everyone up and headed outside for some sledding and playtime.
Other than Finny losing a glove and touching the snow with bare hands and all-out flipping, everyone had a great time! Even the dog got into the action! Keagan and Finn got a new sled for Christmas from Gamma and Poppy and Keagan put it to good use. And that sucker was fast! The street was solid ice so Keagan would sail down yard, across the street, and then we would have to start yelling at him to "roll off" so he wouldn't continue down the next hill!! It was pretty funny! Thanks to Grandma who helped me take some pics! The boys weren't content for me to have my camera out the whole time!
OK. I am ready for Spring now!
Is it weird that all I could think about while looking through this post is how old Oscar is? Bless his little geriatric heart. I feel like that dog has been around for sweet forever. Ha!
ReplyDeleteI hope we get some "play in" snow tonight. Looks like snow much fun! You see what I did there ;)
the snow is pretty................but, come on, spring!
ReplyDelete