January 16, 2016

Annie Oakley, I am not.

Last weekend my parents came to visit us (or, mainly the boys!). Aunt Hannah surprised the boys by coming with them. It was a really wonderful and relaxing visit. Unfortunately for my family, I am dealing with the most awesome nausea and so my hostess skills kind of stunk. I didn't cook anything beyond pancakes or muffins for breakfast. And we ate take out or at a restaurant the other meals. I really enjoy cooking for my family, but tis the season of pregnancy where I am just surviving and the kitchen has some funky smells for me. Luckily, everyone was okay with this. My dad did a lot of fix-it jobs around our house, which was super helpful! Mom enjoyed the boys and played round after round of Connect 4 and Guess Who with Keagan and Finley. We did get out a few times and do stuff around the area, but the weather was pretty yucky for their whole visit. The first couple of days were warm by January standards, so we took advantage and did our "getting out" those days. Then by Sunday there were a couple inches of snow on the ground, so we went sledding!

With the weather being fairly warm on Friday evening, we went out to the target range to do some shooting. Finn was itching to shoot his new gun and Keagan is always on-board with shooting! I have a concealed carry course coming up so I did some practicing of my own. Mom and Hannah even got in on the action. We all had a great time!
 


1 comment:

  1. I CANNOT imagine Grey shooting or holding or anything with a gun. Blows my mind. It's so nuts how thats just almost "cultural" for them. I mean, Josh did it as a boy and now they do it as boys but it's just nuts to me because our family doesn't even own ONE gun. Ha!
    It does look like a fun family day!

    ReplyDelete