February 26, 2015

Cell Phone Photo Dump (winter edition)

If you know me, you know I despise Winter. I mean there is nothing more painful and torturous than Winter. And this seems like the longest  I don't like to be cold. I don't like to be inside all the time. Stuff dies. My skin gets bad. I eat too much and exercise too little. I really could go on and on...  Am I killing your joy right now? That's about how I feel about Winter. And to make it worse my birthday is in Winter...even more insult to injury, my birthday is on Groundhog Day where Punxsutawney Phil predicts 6 more weeks of Winter every.single.year about 99.9999% of the time. I need to be medicated, or at least need a tropical island, for this time of the year.

Speaking of my birthday, we ended up going out to dinner with the Malones for pizza and margaritas. Stacey got me some awesome lipstick (I can always count on her for my makeup fixes!) and a new Yoga mat (which I am super excited about because my other one is falling apart). We had a great time and then went back to my house to pile up in my love seat together and solve the world's problems over another margarita. 
Check out our kids at supper. Isn't this hilarious?!! I promise, we do not encourage this or use the terms "boyfriend" or "girlfriend" with these kids...but they love each other and it is so sweet.

SO, because I hate Winter and everything that comes with it, I have a hard time getting motivated for ANYTHING. (you should see my house right now...) Taking pictures and blogging has really taken a back seat...and so you are now faced with random pictures on my cell phone.

Nearly two weeks ago we got almost a foot of snow, then it rained and then the temp dropped well below freezing. And it has stayed there. (that might be the main reason for my Debbie Downer intro) The first day was kind of neat, a break from the monotony, exciting to be "snowed in." So the kids and I a fun time playing in the snow.
But then reality hit and when Josh got home he couldn't get his truck up the driveway. He had to get the neighbor to help him get his truck off the tree in our yard:

And the snow kept falling. We got another 2 inches the next day. Then the temp dropped to "feels like" temps of -11! In case you didn't catch that, I said MINUS ELEVEN. Youch. So our days of playing outside were over. The state was declared a state of emergency. We literally were snowed in. The kids just went back to school yesterday, they were out 7 school days! And we still have snow and ice everywhere. So while the kids and I were snowed in I ate, and online shopped, and ate, and broke up fights, and we watched a lot of movies, and we tried to be constructive but that's hard when there is zero motivation.
Check out the cute little bitty bandaged hand...love that he still reached for me even with his burnt hand.
I promise I didn't feed them candy for breakfast. They just never got out of their jammies! Check out these goodballs, gorging themselves on Valentine's candy from Grandma!

This child. Oh me, he is sweet. And super funny!

Keagan drew some airplanes to show Grandpa! He was super proud of them, as you can tell!

So I tried to work out during our snow dayS. But most of my workouts were interrupted by two littles who wanted to help, wanted to see me, wanted to hold me, or constantly needed something. One day I tried to work out while the boys napped (instead of snuggling in for a nap myself) and it backfired: I ended up holding a 35lb Finley for squats and lunges. And then the next time I worked out Finn wanted to be held for the entire 30 minute leg workout. It was kind of fun, and kind of not. Super difficult.

Maybe spring-like temperatures and Spring will come soon and bring the renewing that I need. Until then I leave you with this picture I snapped yesterday. Keagan miraculously fell asleep on my bed, Finn woke up too early from his nap. But he just loves his big brother and had to snuggle him.

1 comment:

  1. I know you hate winter and always have but I gotta tell you - I WANT SOME OF THAT SNOW. Oh my word! It looks like such fun...well, except for the truck part - that kinda sucks! Love that Finny wanted to work out with you - so cute but yeah, I bet that was tough. Good for you for doing it! Go Momma. Love, love, love that last picture. Sweetness.

    ReplyDelete