February 23, 2015

Cocktail Party! (i.e. grown-up prom)

At the end of January we had the opportunity to go to a fundraiser for the Marshall County Exceptional School put on by the Benton Women's Club. The best part: it was cocktail attire!! We bought a table as four couples (us, the Malones, the Harrods, and the Robinsons) and then started the preparations! New dress, shoes, and jewelry for the girls; new suits for the boys. It was like a grown-up prom! And Josh and I even met at Stacey's so her dad could take pictures of us!

I had to re-enact the awkwardness of high school dances:

A couple glasses of wine....   (and I have no idea where to look in selfie pictures, as you can tell!)
...and this sort of thing happens:

Our handsome husbands in their new suits!
 

Check out our fancy shoes!!! 

Our table and great group of friends: Stacey and Jarrett Malone, me and Josh, Billy and Chasity Harrod, ad Paul and Paula Robinson. I clearly didn't get the memo that our table was wearing black.

Really, it looks like we were supposed to wear black to the event...but this is not the case. Just everyone I was pictured with that night wore black! These lovely ladies are all in our Sunday School class!

I think this picture is hilarious...because you don't have to be in the 16-18 range to goof off in a women's restroom! We may be in our thirties...but we are fun! Stacey and I were the first and the last people on the dance floor. It was such a great time!
We really did have such a great time and enjoyed the company of our good friends...but the best part is the event raised more than $10,000 for the Exceptional School! Love being a part of a good cause.

2 comments:

  1. Y'all looked gorgeous and it looks like you had tons of fun. Jealous! =)

    ReplyDelete