Not even kidding, we have had another round of snow. And by "round" I mean 18 inches. And 3-ft snow drifts. So, in the last 3 weeks our kids have been out of school for 2 full weeks. And I feel like I have been stuck in the house for that amount of time, too. This has been crazy weather. But I will say that this round of snow didn't bring as negative feelings as the last round. Maybe it is denial or maybe I have come to grips that Spring WILL come someday.
The snow was crazy. These pics are taken from our front door: the snow is completely up under the porch, covering the 3 steps to get up to the porch.
These are taken from our back porch. There is a retaining wall somewhere in that snow...it is a little over 3 feet high.
Keagan and Finn did a lot of crafts while being inside, and a lot of pictures were drawn. Here is one that Keagan drew that blew me away...it is a Ninja Turtle. I was pretty impressed. :)
Silly boys pretending to be billy goats over the candy jar:
Finn asked to bake a cake, so we did.
Then I put them to work cleaning. We cleaned the bathroom and then baseboards! They thoroughly enjoyed it, and I enjoyed a little help.
Annnd Finn got a little silly...I think being stuck inside was getting to him
Snuggling with my sweet big boy while Finny took a nap. Keagan wanted to take pictures with his Ninja Turtle. He forgot to put his mask/eyes back on it though!
While the boys rested/napped on the first day, I decided to get out and do some shoveling in the tracks Josh made when he left to work that morning. I really wanted him to be able to get back up the driveway. The first couple pics are his tracks, so you can see the depth of the snow:
Finally some playtime out in the snow when we (I) couldn't handle being inside any longer.
Though we have had a TON of snow, it has not been fit to make a snowman. They boys really wanted to build a snowman. So we did the best we could. I thought it was pretty pitiful, but they loved it. And even named him Olaf...fitting. (If you have been living under a rock and don't know who Olaf is, Google it.)
I am glad to say that we survived the Snowpocalypse of Winter 2015, and this weekend we have been above freezing so the snow is melting. We even got out of the house yesterday! Whoo hoo! Now, bring on Spring.



























Man, you weren't lying. That is some CRAZY snow. I've never seen snow like that and although you'll think I'm crazy for saying so...I'd really like to and I'm sure my kiddos would too. Love that they got crafty and culinary while inside - that's exactly what we do when it's yuck out or someone is sick. Glad y'all finally got some warmer weather and I'm so super proud of you for shoveling your driveway. I bet that was hard work!
ReplyDelete