February 14, 2014

Fast and Furious February

It is hard for me to fathom that February is half way over. We have been super busy making this month slip by super fast! Not that I am really complaining, I absolutely despise winter and so the faster Spring arrives, the better!! I have never loved that my birthday was in February, not that my momma could help that, but if I had my druthers it would be in May or June. Or July. Some hot, sizzling month...where a birthday party would consist of a backyard bash! But alas, after 32 years I am coming to accept my birth month. And now that I am in my thirties (that's unreal to me!) I have decided to embrace getting older. I have no choice, really, but to get older so I am going to attempt to do this gracefully. And spend a ton of money on anti-aging products, better make-up, and clothing to make me young. :)
 
Anyways, on the weekend of my birthday, Stacey and Jarrett met us at a fun local restaurant in Paducah where we ordered fruity adult beverages and ignored the kids' demands to have some of it (well, that was mainly Keagan...). Then we went back to our house and continued to drink fruity beverages and ate giant slices of the amazing birthday cake Josh bought me! Check it out below: chocolate chip cheesecake. It was FANTASTIC! And Stacey made my birthday even more fun with some thoughtful, and completely unexpected, birthday gifts: new eye makeup and an adorable casserole dish. Love it all!!

On the day of my birth our region was under a winter storm. It started snowing that night and by the next morning, we were living in a winter wonderland. When Keagan awoke and saw the snow he came running into the bedroom and woke me up with "Can we pwease go play in the snow?? Pwease? Pwease? Pwease? Pweeeeeeaaaassee???" So by 730 that morning we were all bundled up and outside playing! All Keagan wanted to do was build some snow balls. Unfortunately the snow was too powdery so there were no snowball fights or snowmen. But there was lots of attempts at snowballs, a couple snow angles, and then some sledding thrown in! Josh had to go to work later that morning, but the boys and I stayed home and played some more in the snow. They had a good time, and admittedly so did I.

Snow day fun with play-doh while our wet snow clothes were in the dryer...

Then back outside we went!

I tried to get a video of Keagan and I sledding down the driveway...he looks kinda scared in this, but rest assured he was asking to go again and again so I know he enjoyed himself! I think he was watching himself in the video! And at one point I turned the phone to video Oscar, who chased and gnawed at the sled the.entire.way.down. It was comical at first...then super irritating!


2 comments:

  1. Super cute casserole dish from Stacey and I love the eye palette as well - fun, fun. I want some of that cheesecake. I like celebrating our birthdays together, lets try to make that happen next year, shall we? One can dream.
    Love the sledding pics but girl - you gotta get them ky boys some snow bibs. LLBean Kids after season sale: trust me! Their gloves, boots and bibs are perfection. Childrens place also sells bibs...true story. Looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cake looks delish!! Looks like you all had a great time in the snow!

    ReplyDelete