February 16, 2014

A Couple Funny Valentines

As Valentine's weekend comes to a close I leave you with my funny Valentines. I had big plans to make Valentine's Day something special for my boys, especially now that Keagan is starting to "get" holidays. I decorated a little bit throughout the house and bought the boys little gifts, and they knew they had gifts from their Grandma and Grandpa that they couldn't wait to open. Josh bought me a dozen beautiful roses the day before Valentine's Day so we made a big deal about who was who's Valentine and that Mommy was Daddy's Valentine, etc. So that morning before the kids went to school and I went to work we opened the little gifts. It started out, well, quite ugly:
Brotherly Love?
 
After they opened our gifts I made breakfast. I had been planning something special and sweet and so I made raspberry and chocolate filled French toast. I assumed that it would be a huge hit with everyone. Boy was I wrong! The first words out of Keagan's mouth were "I don't like it!" and Finn immediately pushed his plate away. OK, well, it was kind of fancy-smancy for kids. But Josh took a couple sympathy bites then pushed his plate away. In his "defense" he hates French toast. I didn't realize just how much until Valentine's Day, but now I know. And yes, if you were wondering, my feelings were hurt. But what do you do? I ate the fancy French toast and enjoyed every bit of it (it really WAS delicious!) and then had some of Josh's, too. That's what you do! (Note to self: never make French toast again.) After breakfast we got the kids ready to go to school and then let them open their goodies from my parents. But first I made them pose in their holiday-appropriate shirts with their gifts. And I have no pictures of them opening the gifts because I video'd the whole thing for my mom...so I will include that though it is likely boring for anyone who isn't my mom!
Oh, and the above pictures were not posed (well, the standing was, but Keagan's arm around his brother was not posed). So maybe they do love each other??
 

 
One of the goodies my mom sent was window clings...a huge hit in this house! And the boys busied themselves for quite sometime at the window... 
 
 
Lastly, I leave you with something hysterical. Finley had a blow-out at school on Valentine's Day (the gift that keeps on giving...) and his teacher's note at the bottom of his daily sheet tickled me:
Something to Make you Smile: Happy Valentine's Day. He pooped up his back.

And because Finn "pooped up his back" they dressed him in some extra clothes the daycare had (his spares were, like, 18 month's too small in size!!)...and all they had was a girlie shirt. I couldn't stop staring at this child the rest of the evening because I really think he would make a gorgeous little girl!! And this is likely the closest to a baby girl I will ever get. I kinda wanted to put a bow in his hair...but luckily for him I have no such thing in our house! :)

Happy Valentine's Day!

1 comment:

  1. I love how when we talked the other day and I asked you about Valentines you acted all casual like y'all didn't do much. Um...clearly that was misinformation! Your man got you ROSES? Hi, that's pretty awesome as far as I'm concerned. Love the decorations and super cute t-shirts on the boys. Holidays make me happy! =)

    ReplyDelete