July 3, 2012

Home Improvement...ongoing

If you are thinking that maybe this has anything to do with Finley's nursery, I apologize but it totally does not! We are getting closer, but let's just be honest: we aren't ready yet! It is highly possible that this baby will come and not have a room ready. Other than not having my ducks in a row, I don't really care that much...he will sleep in our room for several months anyways. This is what I am telling my anal-retentive self to make it all better!

[Speaking of Finley, here's an update: I had a doctor's appointment today. I am having ultrasounds weekly, and have been for quite some time. Finley is measuring at 5lbs9oz currently and is right on schedule to be around a 7lb-ish baby! My amniotic fluid was a little lower than they'd like to see, not enough to be scary (yet) but enough that warranted a discussion about potential earlier-than-40-weeks delivery and increased fluid monitoring. He is still head down and I am still hoping to have a VBAC. I have been having some contractions, but nothing regular yet. Weight gain has slowed considerably (still holding strong at 30# gained) and I am a-okay with this! While I am definitely reaching the hot-uncomfortable stages, and occasionally have a waddle in my gait, I am holding strong and not ready for this baby to be born just yet!! I will hit the 36 week mark this weekend...will have some pics for ya and will also be praising God to be at that point. Once I pass this weekend, I will have been pregnant longer than I was with Keagan. WHOO HOO!!]

If you will remember, I started some home improvement projects back in November. I alluded to my starting to decorate the half-bathroom, but asked that you not hold your breath that I would finish it anytime soon. Glad you didn't hold your breath! I just got it to a point that I can safely move on with my decorating life. The main things changed are the light fixture and paint. Otherwise it was just a matter of decorating...something I just don't spend a lot of time on. Here are the before and after pictures:
Before:

After:

My favorite project, but most time consuming, has been the playroom. It is still not 100% complete (we want to get a TV and I need to add a few playful decorations...) but this is going to be a work-in-progress as my children contribute artwork and fun to the room. I started out trying to make a fun playroom with adult color on the wall. Thought about doing khaki or adult-green or something "grown up" to make it flow with the rest of the house. But the more I looked at pinterest for playroom ideas, the more an "adult-colored" playroom bored me! So I threw that idea out the window and went with fun, bright colors that made me happy. See below for the results!
Before...

 After! When Keagan first came into his new playroom, he went crazy! He couldn't get over all the fun stuff set up all over...he ran from box to box and from toy to toy! It was exactly the feeling I had hoped to inspire and I am pleased to say that he LOVES his new playroom. I love it too!!

Keagan helped with the artwork seen above the futon. We had a really good time "crafting" and I love that he had a hand in creating the decor for his playroom. I got some fun pictures of him during our craft-days.

So whatdoya think? I am so thrilled to have both these rooms "done" and checked off my list. Now we just need to get Finley's room completed. Hopefully within the next couple blog posts I will have something for you. Hopefully!

3 comments:

  1. Oh...and I love the finished products...mmmkay now that.is.all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE!! that is such a cute play room. I'm so impressed. And I love that crayon art!! So creative:)

    ReplyDelete