September 10, 2011

Graduation Day

Just so you know, I am blogging from my balcony overlooking the beach in Destin, Florida.  The sound of the waves crashing and the smell of the ocean are incredibly soothing.  Ok, now that I have gotten that out of the way, I can continue with my post.  (don't be jealous.  oh, who am I kidding, it is fantastic.)

So, Friday was Keagan's last day at his present daycare.  We didn't intend on sending Keagan to daycare when we found out we were pregnant.  In fact, Keagan was supposed to stay with a lady in her home until he turned one.  But this fell through right after we brought Keagan home.  It turned out to be a wonderful thing, though!  Keagan has learned so much from being in daycare and is such an easy-going little guy, and he loves to play with other kids.  His social skills are top notch (even if he still isn't walking!) and he has a hilarious little personality.  So, why would I take him out of this daycare if it has been so great?  Well, he is moving to a new school, one which isn't so much daycare as it is "pre" preschool.  Does that make sense?  It is an enrichment-type school where there is more learning, less baby-sitting.  Right now Keagan is a sponge and is just itching to learn all that he can.  It is really quite amazing to watch him learn.  I know he would do well at his current daycare, but he will excel at this new one (after all, he is my and Josh's child! ha!!!!).  But no, really, we think this is a wonderful step in the learning direction and cannot wait to see all that Keagan can soak up.  He starts his new school when we get home from vacation. 

On Friday, I brought my camera and took a few pictures.  They aren't the best b/c Keagan spotted me immediately and immediately thought we should be going home!  So I couldn't get any good candid pics of him playing.  But I got a few of him in his old classroom and one of him with his old teacher when he was in the baby room...he love love LOVES Ms. Brandy!  And despite the fact that we were on our way out the door yesterday, he still leaned over towards Ms. Brandy to be held.  And she even got some kisses blown at her.  What a flirt!


1 comment: